• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5,001
Status
Not open for further replies.

monakads

ISP
BSNL EVDO
I am using BSNL EVDO in bangalore from the last 2 weeks.
The connection here is really poor.

Firstly, in Bangalore(Kormangala Exchange), i was not given the connection with Roaming. There is some technical issue and the connection is without roaming.
Secondly, the speed hardly touches 200Kbps.. Downloads speeds are around 20kbps.
Luckily, i have not purchased the connection and have taken it only on Rent.

I want to go for Dataone Broadband or Airtel Broadband, anyways there is No roaming and speeds are as low as 200kbps Max..

Now, can i return the connection immediately??
Is there any Minimum Duration i should retain the connection??

For purchase, the minimum time is 3 months, What is it for Rental??
Please let me know..

https://www.speedtest.net

Which operating system are you using on you PC?I have just posted a tweek for windows vista EVDO users that is working miracles for me. I was in the same position as you and wanted to convert to Reliance. Thank GOD i noticed their very unfair "Fair usage policy". They limit you to 10Gb after which the charge an arm or leg.

Hi,

Secondly, the speed hardly touches 200Kbps.. Downloads speeds are around 20kbps.
Luckily, i have not purchased the connection and have taken it only on Rent.

I want to go for Dataone Broadband or Airtel Broadband, anyways there is No roaming and speeds are as low as 200kbps Max..

Now, can i return the connection immediately??
Is there any Minimum Duration i should retain the connection??

For purchase, the minimum time is 3 months, What is it for Rental??
Please let me know..

I am going through exactly the same situation. I am staying at Koramangala 8th block, around 800m from Adugodi Hosur Road crossing. I've got a new connection on 4th Dec 2009. I'm getting EVDO signal with 4-5 bars but hardly getting any speed. Getting less than 100kbps most of the time. Even the pages are taking too much time to get loaded! Sometimes past midnight it goes beyond 200 kbps. I tried it at Vasant Nagar. There I was getting very good speed average 600-800kbps. The nearest tower is at Kormangala exchange, about 1.8Km(displacement) from my place. I don't why I am not able to get good enough bandwidth even after catching the EVDO signal with 4-5 bars! And now I have to pay Rs.1325 for this crappy connection! Thank god that I didn't buy the device! This is definitely my first and last month with it.
I'm planning to switch to BSNL wired broadband connection. In that way I will at least get a consistent speed.
If anyone has already discontinued EVDO connection please share your experience with us.

-
Thanks
Ambar

Hi All,I'm staying in Ulsoor and just 1.5 kms from ulsoor exchange ( trinity circle) i Got my EVDO card(AC8700) yesterday and im getting a download speed of 125 kbps(10 kbps download))and pages taking extremly slow despite the EVDO signal shows full (5bars)OS: windows vista 64 bit SP 1(yes i tried the tweak but it didnt work)Please help!!!!Or ateleast give me on what i the mimimum hiring period so that i can cancel it ( unfortunately i have purchaed the card)

i am a user of bsnl evdo from the time it was launched in 2008 i am actually the 3rd costumer to get evdo from our exchange , the only problem with the connection was the static shared ip (now it has dynamic ip). i had the same problems you mentioned when used with vista on my laptop i installed the vista patch and that did the job. i get an average download speed of 80KBps( 640kbps) and max speed around 240KBps(1920kbps) see images .
i have used cablenut to tweak my connection
cable nut setting
DefaultReceiveWindow = 179200
DefaultSendWindow = 102400
DisableAddressSharing = 1
InitialLargeBufferCount = 200
InitialMediumBufferCount = 480
InitialSmallBufferCount = 640
LargeBufferSize = 819200
MaxFastTransmit = 64000
MediumBufferSize = 150400
PriorityBoost = 0
SmallBufferSize = 12800
TransmitWorker = 32
FastSendDatagramThreshold = 1024
EnableFastRouteLookup = 1
EnablePMTUDiscovery = 1
IgnorePushBitsOnReceive = 0
GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize = 64240
MaxFreeTcbs = 8000
MaxHashTableSize = 16384
MaxNormLookupMemory = 5000000
SackOpts = 1
SynAttackProtect = 1
Tcp1323Opts = 0
TcpLogLevel = 1
TcpMaxDupAcks = 3
TcpMaxHalfOpen = 100
TcpMaxHalfRetried = 80
TcpRecvSegmentSize = 1460
TcpSendSegmentSize = 1460
TcpTimedWaitDelay = 30
TcpUseRFC1122UrgentPointer = 0
TcpWindowSize = 64240
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server = 20
MaxConnectionsPerServer = 10
DefaultTTL = 128
DisableUserTOSSetting = 0
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions = 6
DefaultTOSValue = 92
to get cablenut google it

http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75995_untitled_122_53lo.JPGhttp://img234.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=76026_untitled1_122_117lo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back