• Thread starter Thread starter shahrukh12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,003

shahrukh12

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
Source: The Financial ExpressDish TV, a part of the Zee group, is aiming at 5 million direct-to-home (DTH) subscribers by March 31,2009. The company, which has a market share of over 65% in the country, is now having a customer base of 3.76 million."The newly launched Happy Home Pack would help us to achieve the target this fiscal," said Anindya Sengupta, deputy vice president of the company. The pack that comes for a price of Rs 100 per month for 125 channels is aimed at the mass, he added.DTH business is going to see phenomenal growth in the next three years, said Sengupta. According to him, DTH penetration is only 7% of the total TV population in the country. Sengupta said that while the DTH business in the country is growing at the rate of 500%, Dish TV has clocked a growth of 300% last year.The regional head of Dish TV in Orissa, Sailaja Pattnayak, said customer base in Orissa is increasing at the rate of 15,000 per month and the company's market share has been about 80% in the state.

bilal comes with proper news first time. :thumb:

if they keep splitting packages and keep adding add on packs, their market share will drop to 40% and existing subscribers will switch to other providers :thumb:

i think in near future, soon they will also have all missing new channels on their platform.

As an example...

I was one of the Dishtv Customer since the day it is launched. on 18th Sep was my renewal Day

But from 15th I switched to Cable(CAS) & By paying Rs.250.00 I am watching all UTV/NDTV/ZEE/Sony & Star channels Include all New Regional Channels with Digital Picture Quality & Audio.

I got an SMS from Dishtv saying that for the Grace period of next 3days, I have to pay Rs25.00 Extra.

I am least bother about it.

I am watching till all Good channels to be available on DTH of any Service Providors, Then I will switch to that company only.

I am Least bother of Package & Pricing.....

& Yes, They will loose more Customers slowly...

whole nation will prefer hathway's digital cable which providing all channel free for first 3 month in delhi and they giving set top box free also. I was thinking to buy dth buy changed my mind seeing quality n price of hathway :dance:

These numbers do not make any sense.All that matters is how many customers are happy with the service provided and that is what counts

the PR all cares about the number of customers...in fact the mobile companies... i think they count you as a customer for a period of six months even after you have stopped using the number. that's when the number is freed for reuse.

@splenderwrite a letter to dishtv stating 'you will not be using dishtv for few months' so that you wont be charged the grace period charges (every month?) !These guys write a lot of things in Agreement and we sign without reading it ! We have to sign if we need the connection. So, they can make you run around if you dont inform them.

Back