• Thread starter Thread starter mek76
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,440

mek76

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne Broadband
As per info on NSE Website Dish TV posted a net loss of Rs. 92 Cr. vs loss of Rs. 89 Cr. QoQ. The net sales went down from Rs. 89 Cr. to Rs. 75 Cr. QoQ.:( Investors in Dish TV stock might loose money. But we consumers can escape from any subscription price hikes?:P

Why the net sales goes down by 14 cr.?.I think it's bcoz of the sun direct offer announcement on last month.

Also could be because of the free subscription offer for new connections which leads to decrease in revenue.

Also could be because of the free subscription offer for new connections which leads to decrease in revenue.

Dishtv is always giving free subscription for the new subscribers.Now TS also giving free subscription for the new customers.

People are now concentrating on Quality and Service, which is not good in Dish TV. Most of them are going to Tata(Sky in recent times. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Read the complete article:

MUMBAI: Zee's direct-to-home (DTH) company Dish TV has posted a net loss of Rs 919.39 million for the quarter ended 30 September 2007, despite a 54 per cent quarter rise in subscriber growth.

The company's operating revenues fell 15 per cent at Rs 755.01 million, compared to Rs 892.86 million in the previous quarter. With Rs 20.15 million coming from other income, gross revenue for the second quarter stood at Rs 775.16 million.

Operating loss at Rs 472.32 million was lower than Rs 490.07 million in the previous quarter.

Dish TV had better control over expenditure which at Rs 1.23 billion was 11 per cent lower than the previous quarter period.

Market analysts say the content cost has fallen for Dish TV which has a subscriber base of 2.4 million till 30 September. In the quarter period, the DTH operator has added 278,000 new subscribers.

Subscriber related cost at Rs 807.16 million is 48 per cent of Dish TV's total expenses. In the quarter-ago period this stood at 55 per cent (Rs 987.02 million).

Dish TV's subscription revenue was at Rs 700 million, up 19 per cent from the first quarter of FY08.

Dish TV chairman Subhash Chandra said, "We have focused on a three pronged strategy of aggressive subscriber acquisition, improvement in quality of subscribers and enhancement of customer experience at all service touch points. This strategy has resulted in a 54 per cent growth in subscriber additions in Q2 FY2008 compared to Q1 FY2008, and an increase of 19 per cent in subscription revenue."

Dish TV has also captured a dominant pay DTH Industry market share of 68 per cent, Chandra added.

The company claims to have expanded its front-end service network to 90 towns. It is present in over 4,300 towns through 35,000 dealers and over 500 distributors.

Currently Dish TV has content strength of 180 channels in its offering.

Dish TV MD Jawahar Goel said, "In this country of multi-lingual preferences by state, the importance of regional content cannot be undermined. In this quarter, we have further strengthened our channel offering to a robust 180 channels, the biggest by far in the category. Not only have we added the entire Sun Network bouquet but many more popular regional channels like Zee Talkies etc.

"As an entertainment provider, this is yet another step in fulfilling our promise of wholesome entertainment, especially for our viewers in Southern India. Now Dish TV has 17 Tamil, 12 Telugu, 12 Malayalam and 10 Kannada channels. These additions make our offerings by far the most versatile in the DTH Industry."

During the quarter the company has launched a host of interactive features that include 'My Account Page' and 'Dish Info.'

Dish TV has also roped in Shah Rukh Khan as the brand ambassador of the company and launched a TVC for the festive season in the second quarter of this fiscal.

Commenting on the recent marketing initiatives launched by the company Dish TV CEO Arun Kumar Kapoor said, "As the pioneer and leader of DTH in India, it as our responsibility to expand the category faster, through various awareness building and educational programs and by giving customers a product proposition that is superior to other alternatives available in the market. To take our product message to market, we have signed on Shah Rukh Khan as our brand ambassador. Khan embodies the personality and values of the dishtv brand. Values like entertainment, technology, innovation, vitality and family values. This association will go a long way in reinforcing Dish TVs brand values."

People are now concentrating on Quality and Service, which is not good in Dish TV. Most of them are going to Tata(Sky in recent times. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
If that is the case then their might not be any increase in their subscribers.....But infact dishtv manages to get more then 90000 new customers per month for last quarter...a total of 278000 in last quater.
also their Net loss gone down as compared to previous quarter(Operating loss at Rs 472.32 million was lower than Rs 490.07 million in the previous quarter). Futher their subscription revenue is up by 19% (Dish TV's subscription revenue was at Rs 700 million, up 19 per cent from the first quarter of FY08).

You only say like this,but it is clear from the above article that the subscriber is increased in this quarter.

Don'y say that there is no quality on dishtv.I have watched both TS and dishtv.I don't see a difference.I am not against TS.

Dishtv is increasing its subscriber base and as long as this momentum is maintained, it need not worry about the operating losses. It can raise enough capital to pay off debts and investment if the brand image is good. Tata Sky has also made a heavy investment and is not likely to show cash profit for quite some time. Both dishtv and tatasky must invest continuously in technology and content to make them attractive for existing and new customers.

Yes.I agree with you.Both the service providers are investing a huge amount.But they should give channels in a alacarte base.They should not force the customers to view all the channels.They should give the choice to the customers.If they do like this,definitely these service providers can get a large amount of customers.

You only say like this,but it is clear from the above article that the subscriber is increased in this quarter.
Don'y say that there is no quality on dishtv.I have watched both TS and dishtv.I don't see a difference.I am not against TS.
I agree with you meetdhil, even i have both Dishtv and Tata Sky..and its hard to find any difference in the quality.

Dishtv is increasing its subscriber base and as long as this momentum is maintained, it need not worry about the operating losses. It can raise enough capital to pay off debts and investment if the brand image is good. Tatasky has also made a heavy investment and is not likely to show cash profit for quite some time. Both dishtv and tatasky must invest continuously in technology and content to make them attractive for existing and new customers.

Yes that's right Operating losses can be recovered..but the major thing is to carry momentum with same pace. As this is the industry where profits will come after some time and years of investment.

Back