DL speeds on 50 mbps+ plans?

ISP
Local cable-net
For those on plans having download speeds 50 mbps or more, what download speeds do you typically get on public torrents?

On Ubuntu torrents, I'm averaging 3 MB/s, going upto 4.5 MB/s. This is on a 100 mbps FTTH connection.

Are there any other well-seeded torrents to benchmark with? I basically want to distinguish between upstream network bottlenecks vs. ISP throttling.

Are there no users on this forum with high-speed plans? To get the survey going, you can answer if you have atleast a 20 mbps plan.

I have excitel and hathway (both 50mbps). On public well seeded torrents, i receive

Hathway - 2-3MBps
Excitel - 5-6MBps

Hathway is prepaid and it had 2 months left, when excitel was launched. So i got excitel installed and if their service remains good, i wont renew hathway. But for the next 2 months, will have both. Thinking of installing connectify dispatch to get 100mbps.

Excitel, I paid 5100 for 3 months (router and installation free)
Hathway, I paid 6600 for 3 months.

I'm on 125Mbps and I get an average of 13 to 15MBps on torrents from private trackers and around 9 to 12MBps on public trackers.
B0GUCTu.png

Airtel 40Mbps here, get 5.1MB/s on well seeded torrents, be it private or public, irrespective of time of day.

Ah, My LCO had routed me to a slower bandwidth provider. Gave me a new service name for PPPoE and I now get 8-9 MB/s on the Ubuntu torrent. Could be faster, but this will do.

Back