Tech Review: Hathway DOCSIS 3.0 Network based 50 Mbps Internet Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter baudhayan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 38,468
Vineet Singh_22270 said:
Hello,
Please could you give a little detail on how to configure wireless access on a D-Link DSL 2750U router if using Hathway 50MPBS connection. I saw in your review that you use the same router. I connected ethernet cable to one of lan ports and then opened the DLink admin page but wasn't able to configure WIFI.
Thanks

I have used the Russian firmware where LAN Port 1 becomes the WAN Port. Please read that post in detail and dont ask questions on this thread about the same thing. Once your Port 1 is WAN Port, use the Connection wizard on the Router web admin page to set it up in DHCP. I guess I have provided all details in my review including the link about how to setup D-Link 2750U for WAN routing.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Sorry didn't know you had provided all the details already. Apologies for asking again.
Thank you very much

StillWaters said:
Hey @Dushie,
Can you tell us a bit more about your load balancing set up? How are you doing that with 2 internet connections? I searched a lot on how to do it, but could not find any solution.
Thanks,
StillWaters
It's simple, i am using a TP-Link 470T+ load balancing, dual wan router. It combines 2 internet connections into one pipe and works well. You can do load balancing, fail over, plus lots of other stuff. As of now i have just joined the 2 connections one is a hathway cable modem that has a static ip and is always on. Other is also a cable connection but has PPOE authentication with a username and password together and both are working fine. No issues faced till now, i am myself trying to learn more about networking stuff, to do more settings on the router.

I am getting the login page! The person who set up the modem never told me anything about no need to login or free static ip?
What do i do?

write to hathway support, drop them an email stating you are on 50 Mbps docsis 3.0 connection and you are getting a login page, where ideally the connection should be on 24x7 without a login page. They will put you on a static ip and login page would go off. This is free for Docsis users. For other plan users they charge some amount per month for static Ip.

Dushie said:
I made a post in the other Hathaway docsis 3.0 Thread below just go through the same.
I have also attached the pamphlet being distributed locally by Hathway which clearly states that 50 Mbps Docsis plans are login free. Hence they are on 24x7 and no login page should come up.
https://broadband.forum/topic/69596-hathway-broadband-launches-docsis-30-ultra-high-speed-network/?p=808531
Sent them a mail, got a reply too.
They are asking me to pay 100 rs pm for static ip.. :pissed-off:

Well, facebook is your friend. This is Hathway page on facebook.Post your complaint there stating, when you took the connection it was mentioned that there would be no login page and it would be always on.
But a login page is coming. Someone would reach out to you from Hathway for follow up on your complaint. It should get fixed then.
Link for facebook page below :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hathway-Broadband/513790922061990?ref=br_tf

Back