DNA 211 BSNL frequent disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter audiodelic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,831

audiodelic

ISP
Airtel , BSNL
Internet keeps going on and off randomly. The modem is DNA 211. What ive noticed the inet light goes off shortly after that dsl light will start blinking and will take a while to stabilize and once its green then inet will come on. If im lucky itll stay on or the process would repeat. Please tell me anything i can do to control this problem.Statistics -- ADSLMode: G.DMT Type: Fast Line Coding: Trellis On Status: No Defect Link Power State: L0 Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 21.9 7.0 Attenuation (dB): 37.0 21.0 Output Power (dBm): 12.5 19.7 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 6528 480 Rate (Kbps): 2048 352 K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 65 12 R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0 S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1 D (interleaver depth): 1 1 Delay (msec): 0 0 Super Frames: 11504 11539 Super Frame Errors: 0 23 RS Words: 0 0 RS Correctable Errors: 0 0 RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A HEC Errors: 0 2 OCD Errors: 0 0 LCD Errors: 0 0 Total Cells: 944790 0 Data Cells: 11523 0 Bit Errors: 0 0 Total ES: 0 0 Total SES: 0 0 Total UAS: 12 0 BSNL line man says you need to run a new line from exchange till my factory. This is rudrapur, uttaranchal please note. Can i change any settings on the modem to help with this situation? will running a thicker gauge wire help ?

May be a software update can be tried.
Welcome to SEMINDIA, Semiconductors - Made in India.
Please test the modem at bsnl office . then
check whether Upgrade is required.
Your LIne attenuation must reduce.
I guess the distance from the exchange may be about 5 to 7 Km.

Use opendns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.22.222
This is entered in DNS page of modem.
Being a factory, you may have parallel phone connections.
Use additional ADSL splitter for each phone used.
confirm this for diagram.
Keep modem away from other electronic items like
cordless phones/ timers etc.
Relocate the system at a place away from
electrical surges from machines / etc.
Use ordinary bulb instead of tubelight in computer room.
and an UPS supply. ( "ONLINE" double conversion preferred)

feedback please.

Feedback please.

Being a factory, you may have parallel phone connections.
Use additional ADSL splitter for each phone used.

Is it necessary to have additional ADSL spliters for each parallel phone, in that case is there any difference between normal splitter we get with modem or its same..?

If all the phones are after the ADSL splitter then wont it suffice.

If all the phones are after the ADSL splitter then wont it suffice ?
YES. additional ADSL splitters Not needed..
3 to 4 parallel telephones only recommended.

will running a thicker gauge wire help ?
Yes. The old twin feeder line used
( black covered insulation copper wire )
for TV antenna will be suitable.

essbebe,firmware has been updated to latest from that site. splitter is at the start of the main bsnl line into my factory before any phones.Is my snr , att values fine ?Everything else you said i have triedBSNL Line man also said there are many joints in the line from exchange to factory he recommended a thicker gauge nimbus 98 telephone wire from exchange to factory. is this the only solution?one more question in my airtel line at home on adsl stats page it shows adsl2+ but here it says g.dmt. what is the difference ?

your modems Attenuation ( Attenuation (dB): 37.0 21.0 ) is very high. Check your telephone line. Ask telephone lineman for it. This will solve your problem.

your modems Attenuation ( Attenuation (dB): 37.0 21.0 ) is very high. Check your telephone line. Ask telephone lineman for it. This will solve your problem.

can you tell me what is the approximate range of recommended values for snr, att ?

SNR should be higher than 20 though anything above 10 is just enough.

The Attenuation should be as low as possible.

If attenuation starts going higher than 40 and SNR going down below 10, its time to complain about the line condition to the BSNL.

----------

BSNL Line man also said there are many joints in the line from exchange to factory he recommended a thicker gauge nimbus 98 telephone wire from exchange to factory. is this the only solution?

The leading-in cable (dropwire) from the junction box (DP box) to your house should be straight as possible, should be single length without any joints. The wires should not be coiled anywhere and should be away from electrical lines.

great answer deep. to the point and perfect. thanks. i am now looking into a running a new cable from the dp box to my factory.

Back