Do i own my D2H Hardware (set top box and Dish) ?

• Thread starter Thread starter rak007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 12,993

rak007

Regular
ISP
YOU Broadband 1 Mbps Unlimited
I had taken a Videocon D2H connection at the start of year after paying something like 1600 Rs (no offer, nothing). So i want to know whether in this price, i own the D2H hardware which includes the dish, set top box and the wires ?
I am confused as i saw a thread about Airtel DTH on another forum where Airtel was asking for the hardware back from the customer when he went for disconnection.
Say tomorrow i discontinue D2H service for some reason, can i sell the Dish and box to someone else ?
Or i need to return back to Videocon ?

This should clear your doubts.
http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/termsandconditions.aspx
Any site that a subscriber may connect to from here is not covered by this privacy policy. If any deceptively similar website or a fake website which resembles our website is used by a subscriber then the subscriber shall alone be responsible for any consequences of such usage.

[*]The subscriber shall not acquire any right or title to the CPE including any other accessories and shall return the same upon deactivation of his service.
[*]The subscriber is aware that the CPE is permitted to be used till such time he continues subscribing to the DTH services. In the event the he discontinues subscription of the DTH services or his subscription gets terminated due to any reason, he shall be liable to return the CPE to the company without any resistance or objection.
[*]CPE shall always remain the property of the company and the subscriber shall only have a limited right to use the same for accessing DTH services during the period of such contracted period.
[*]The subscriber shall render all assistance and cooperate with the company and its authorized representatives at the time of any visit by the company personnel or engineer to the subscriber’s premises where the CPE is located
[*]The subscriber shall render all assistance and cooperate with the company and its authorized representatives during repossession of the CPE from the subscriber in the event of disconnection of the DTH services due to non recharge by the subscriber and/or events as mentioned in clause 11 (j) of the CAF terms and conditions.
[*]No transfer and / or shifting of STB is allowed without prior permission of the company.
[*]Any transfer / re-location done by the company will be on chargeable basis as per company policy.
[*]The subscriber agrees to continue with the service for at least 84 months, hereinafter referred to as “minimum period”.
[/list]

rak007 said:
I had taken a Videocon D2H connection at the start of year after paying something like 1600 Rs (no offer, nothing). So i want to know whether in this price, i own the D2H hardware which includes the dish, set top box and the wires ?
I am confused as i saw a thread about Airtel DTH on another forum where Airtel was asking for the hardware back from the customer when he went for disconnection.
Say tomorrow i discontinue D2H service for some reason, can i sell the Dish and box to someone else ?
Or i need to return back to Videocon ?
Get in touch with them through their FB page or maybe Twitter. They'll help you.

If the dish and stb remain company property, why should we pay for repairs? All servicing to the equipment should be a liability of the company.
Also, consumers should be entitled for a full refund, since they never owned it and required to return it, the money exchanged merely becomes a deposit.
If any of you have such a dispute, take it to consumer court, the odds are in your favor. They are attempting a daylight robbery by making up arbitrary policies and enforcing it on those who don't know any better.

Back