DSL_Unlimited_999 download speed

• Thread starter Thread starter dolfin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,690

dolfin

ISP
MTNL
I subscribed to DSL_Unlimited_999 in April 2010. Initially I used to get download speeds of 2mbps (though the plan is 1mbps). Now a days I always get close to 1mbps. There is no change in the hardware or setup (I use Linksys WAG54G2 wireless router).What could have happened for speed drop? I understand there is no FUP for MTNL...Thanks,Dolfin

You're getting the prescribed speed for that plan - no FUP has been applied (and no, there isn't one either). Perhaps they corrected the error.

Many times the people at the MTNL exchange sync you to higher data rates as a result you get good speeds for a while and then sync you back to the normal plan speed so for your plan speed you are getting the specified speed i.e. 1mbps

What is the prescribed upload speed for 2mbps night unlimited plan,earlier I used to get 512kbps nowadays it is 256kbps.

for the 2mbps night ul plan you should get full 2mbps downstream or atleast 90% of the prescribed speed that is 1.8mbps ( the rest 10% depends on the line quality and how far you are located from the exchange ) for the people in delhi the upload speed is usually 512kbps ~ 1mbps but in mumbai i have no idea....

You pay for 1mbps.....you get 1mbps. Except for exacttnet where i got 2.5mbps on my 1mbps plan.

Back