DTH cos hope to break even with carriage fee

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,879
Charge from them.. Why us :@

You are right. We are being ripped a lot from Installation charges to monthly subscribition :( and Chidabharam happily puts tax on everything :mad:

Channels have to pay money to be carried on specific platforms..I was at News24 office, had a discussion with their asst. manager, I said the channels TRp are so high then why does he still pay carraige fee.. He says that he has to because otherwise the reach of the channel will become less and the TRP's will go down..About why khali is being shown more, he said sometimes they have to show him to fill in the free time, But when it comes to news then they show quality..:)

dth players has to charge only the subsribers. if they charge carrier fee then most of the channels will be out from the dth platform and it will make the subsribers to loss the channel.

A carriage fee charged from the broadcaster making it more feasible and economical to the customers is not a bad move unless the broadcaster will not be willing to pay the carriage fee resulting in removal of channel.

dth players has to charge only the subsribers. if they charge carrier fee then most of the channels will be out from the dth platform and it will make the subsribers to loss the channel.

Your post looks very strange.
So you don't want to pay less to watch your favorite channels?
So you are ready to pay for each and every channel you watch?
Nobody running business as a service, so we don't have to sympathize them.
New Channels may initially have to pay Carriage Fees from their pocket, that too if they aren't from a big media house.
After establishing or channels from big media houses would automatically get the revenue for paying the Carriage Fees.
But my only concern is, channels pay carriage fees to how much operators :(
But eventually once DTH market matures, only few players would be in the field.
So that won't be a long term problem.

Back