DTH operator agrees to air more Marathi channels

• Thread starter Thread starter stev29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,350
I am an Maharashtrian but have always been against the extreme actions of Shiv Sena in fighting any cause. Having said that a large part of the blame has to fall on Tata Sky. Comparing the amount of Marathi channels to that of other regional channels and it's easy to see that there is a clear bias. To the people advocating that we put pressure on TataSky by posting on the forums , sending mails etc. Get real because it is not going to have any effect on big corporate companies. Weren't you the same guys who were labeling Tatasky as a company with incompetent people ? What makes you think that such an approach will bear fruits. I appreciate the efforts taken by Shiv Sena and MNS to address the issue but sincerely hope that they do not resort to violent behavior and use this opportunity to show to the masses that things can be done peacefully.

That was me. I still believe that TS is incompetent and it has to own up to that. But as I have always said, the govt. cannot escape its share of responsibility. If it had been a little more proactive and not placed artificial restrictions on competition, Reliance, Bharti, Videocon etc. would have arrived a little quicker and Zee, Sun etc. would not have been able to play the blackmail game. The customer too would have benefited significantly.I have seen enough of the SS-MNS brand of politics to believe that they can resolve matters without threatening or beating people up. So I have to say that I am forced to choose incompetence over violence.

Well just think about other state approch same way than every state party will fight for their channels. Someday each and every state fight on the same way for local channels.PS: I am very lucky because I am in Gujarat where there only two party BJP and Congress( Not big :D). Also we have only two channels ETV and Zee Gujarati. So we have no problems.:D :D

Well just think about other state approch same way than every state party will fight for their channels. Someday each and every state fight on the same way for local channels.

PS: I am very lucky because I am in Gujarat where there only two party BJP and Congress( Not big :D). Also we have only two channels ETV and Zee Gujarati. So we have no problems.:D :D

What to do. You can't have it both ways. Gujjus are busy making money and no time for Tv. I still don't understand what the women folk do. They form the biggest viewing public in Tamilnadu.

What to do. You can't have it both ways. Gujjus are busy making money and no time for Tv. I still don't understand what the women folk do. They form the biggest viewing public in Tamilnadu.
Well for your Kind of Information, Gujarat is no.1 market for any channels because 80% of Gujarat's connection is cover by either Cable or DTH.

Both Gujarat and Maharastra is first choice for TV channels because they know how market is big here.

Well.Good news for all marathi people.They will surely add Star Majha but not sure about Zee channels.But nothing is impossible for them.

Well.Good news for all marathi people.They will surely add Star Majha but not sure about Zee channels.But nothing is impossible for them.
Well they give last as 30 Sep,2007.:)

I watch STAR MAJHA online and I feel its a good news channel and we should have atleast 1 local news channel like it (option ZEE 24 TAAS), its good if Tata Sky gets STAR MAJHA (or ZEE 24 TASS)

I wish there were people like Shiv Sena in my state as well so that all my channels will be aired on all the DTH platforms.

Back