Dual Access Remote Recording not that helpful

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachcrazy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,978

Sachcrazy

ISP
BSNL
Tata Sky has launched remote recording facility but they seem to have forgotten the basic necessity of the feature. The feature is helpful when you are away and you want to record the currently running program. But recording from mobile is possible from next program onwards as per the EPG. So if you are in the office, Sachin is scoring a double hundred and you want to record that moment from your office, that is not possible if the timings of live match are from 02:30 pm to 10:15 pm. EPG on mobile will show the programs from 10:15 pm onwards for next 3 days.Next 3 days EPG is not that helpful for remote recording since that you can do after getting home. Remote record is most useful for the current running programs which is lacking here.By the way, they have upgraded the application and it now remembers the subscriber ID and password. Hope that they will fix the above mentioned recording problem in the next upgrade.

As I just mentioned on another similar post, I could make the booking for recording from the website. It was, to begin with, awesome, as a good no. of us are in front of the PC than TV and this makes it amazingly convenient to record without missing any of the favourite programs. How I do it is by checking the programming lineup at Burpp website which gives details and even sends free SMSs for reminders of the selected program(registration is free). You are right about live programming, but lets remember the moment you press the Record button on the website, the signal goes to the control room server then to the satellite to reach the recorder and currently most likely due to technical reasons live recording may not be possible. Honestly, living with lots of other frustrations liking waiting endlessly for No-Ads HD movie channels, wanting a 10mbps connection etc., this new service looks like a boon. Lets enjoy it and look forward to still better upgradations in the recording system. For mobile booking for recording, I believe until 3G services start JAVA based browing on mobile is going to be bad and painful, so web access should be much easier. Cheers!

There is no time lag as such. I tried to record from mobile sitting in front of TV and the recording was updated in Plans sections instantly. So why can't live program be recorded?

Remote record is most useful for the current running programs which is lacking here.

Yes, agreed 100%:irock:

Back