• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,042

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Dear Mr. Anand,

Sir, I am wirting you this email after having a conversation with your customer support executive (CSE) yesterday dated 17th Jan - 2008, where in I had an enquiry of Raj TV Channels arrival in Tata Sky platform. For which he replied me that they dont have any information on that. I dont have any issues on that as we the customers come to know which channel is going to come to TataSky than the Customer Support Executive (CSE) who are working with TataSky.

I have an issue where in myself and the CSE of your organisation had an argument as he had said to me that in TataSky all the channels are pay channels even for the FTA channels such as doordarshan or starutsav or jaya tv or kalaignar TV. I need a clarification on this too. The most trouble some argument I had with your CSE of your organisation is that of that he told me that in DTH platform all the channels which are telecasted in the platform are paid channels as the service provider needs to pay charges to the broadcasters even for FTA channels. On that issue i had enquired with the CSE of your organisation whether DD Direct is also paying to the private broadcasters for the FTA channels such as win tv, makkal tv, mega tv, star utsav and other FTA channels for which he conveyed me that yes indeed DD is paying for those channels and i was very sure that the private boradcasters channels which are broadcasted in DD direct plus has to pay Rs. 25 lakhs annually to DD Direct as carriage fee for that the CSE of your organisation strongly told me that it is not possible and added that if i have proof he has asked me to send to TataSky email address. Thats the reason i am wiritng you this email and the proof of the link is given below.

I request your CSE people if they dont know about some thing better ask them not to give wrong information. One more thing i wanted to tell you when any channel is launched in TataSky i get the alert one day later after the channel is launched. You the people of TataSky should provide us informations on what channels we could expect in the future. Now the trend with TataSky is that any new channel which is launched its striaght away added into Lifestyle gold pack. Do you think that the channels like 9x or ndtv imagine are of lifestyle channels or its a General Entertainment Channel. If 9x or NDTV Imagine channel are lifestyle channels then i wonder the channels such as Sony, zee, starplus, starone, sab, and even sun tv too. Already many TataSky customers are unhappy with your channel packages and if you continue to do the same for the future then I wonder what will be future for TataSky once Reliance launches its DTH services. For your kind information i am using your services from the month it has launched. I will stick with you until i am happy with you if i am disappointed or i feel if the services is not worth for the money what i am paying it I will surely opt of your services as i am not going to loose anything as your compeitior Dish TV is giving a 1yr. subscription free for just Rs.4990 along with the harware and dish and I am sure once Reliance also launches its services it will come with more offers than the existing DTH service providers.

I dont have anything to do with the LS gold pack as i am not going to subscribe to that unless the channel content is improved as most of the channels which are adding in the LS gold pack is of Hindi GEC channels but i wanted to bring into your what people think about this lifestyle pack and speaking on behalf of them. I wonder with TataSky whenever we the customers are asking for any exisitng channels which are not in the TataSky platform you give us reply that the channels are added based one the TRPS. Now i wonder there are certian channels like NDTV good times, Bindass, 9x are added up immedietly when it has been lauched and they dont have any TRP's.

Last but not least I request you to give the proof to the CSE of your organisation whom i had contacted yesterday morning regarrding Raj TV channels and I request a reply from your end to the end earliest.

DD Direct Plus hot for private channels

http://televisionpoint.in/2008/01/18/dd-direct-plus-hot-for-private-channels/

Several private TV channels are learnt to be in queue to join the direct-to-home (DTH) broadcasting platform of Prasar Bharati — DD Direct Plus — but the pubcaster is citing "less transponder capacity" for refusing them entry, industry sources have said.

The subscriber base of DD Direct Plus is an estimated 7 million, which makes it an attractive visibility platform for private channels. The other two DTH platforms — Dish TV and TataSky — have a subscriber base of around 2.7 million and 1 million, respectively.

Officials of private TV channels claimed DD Direct Plus has capacity for over 75 TV channels, but currently offers only 39 channels. However, a DD Direct Plus spokesperson said the platform has capacity for just around 55 channels.

• Check out our Yearender Special

The DD Direct Plus platform has five transponders, and industry sources argued that around 15 channels can be accommodated on each transponder, thereby taking the total to 75 channels. But the DD Direct spokesperson said currently only five to six private channels can be added to the platform bouquet.

A technical team is working on enhancing the transponders' capacity for DD Direct Plus, it is learnt. The pubcaster is expecting to offer 100 TV channels to its DTH subscribers soon.

Of the 39 channels that one gets to watch on the DTH platform of Prasar Bharati, 21 are DD channels and 18 private ones. Most of the private TV channels available on the DD Direct Plus platform are regional. In addition, it also offers radio-20 All India Radio (AIR) stations and three private FM stations.

An industry source, on conditions of anonymity, said that Prasar Bharati is arbitrary in selecting private TV channels for its DTH service. However, according to a DD Direct Plus official, any channel registered with the information and broadcasting (I&B) ministry and pays a carriage fee of Rs 25 lakh a year is eligible to join the pubcaster's DTH platform.

While the carriage fee for private channels was Rs 1 crore per year earlier, recently it was reduced to Rs 25 lakh per year, to join the DD Direct Plus platform.

"The fee was reduced despite a long queue among private broadcasters to join Prasar Bharati's DTH platform," said an industry insider.

The DTH market is getting crowded in India. While there are three players now - Essel group's Dish TV, TataSky (a JV between the Tata group and Rupert Murdoch's STAR) and DD Direct Plus - at least three more would be joining in soon.

The new DTH players would include Anil Ambani's Reliance group, Bharti and Sun TV. Even as all others are pay TV platforms, DD Direct Plus is free-to-air for subscribers.

By the year 2015, 40 per cent of the pay TV universe (cable TV and DTH) are likely to be DTH users, significantly up from around 5 per cent now, according to industry projections.

Good mail aju..Always have appreciated ur work..:thumbsup:i like the fact u also have attached document showing proof that u know what u r talking about..once u recieve a reply, which i hope will be soon, please do write something requiring clarification of why TS has not accepted or followed the guidelines of TRAI since thier being effective from dec 2007.. It would be wonderful if u could also add another thing.."Provide more channels at lesser cost (300 per month is OK), how dish is able to provide so many channels?? "Add links to the threads in the forunm related to questions u ask..He should know, people in this forum know all about what is going on in the industry and is an active forum with increasing no. of members (Which TS is not been able to do for a few months :p ) Please do post the reception of the mail from the COO..Hopefully we get some posittive response..

I have also forwarded you inputs also :thumbsup:. I think we will be get a reply in 2-3 days from CCOO's office.

super work aju.

I liked this line :

"You the people of Tata Sky should provide us informations on what channels we could expect in the future"

Good mail. :)

Let see what reply they are going to give us if not i will give them a call next week asking reply to my email:thumbsup:.

Thats a gr8 work Aju, the mail u sent covers all grievance's we as a customer have against TS. I hope u get the reply soon to all the points u raised. Thanx for talking on behalf of the customers of TS.

I was reluctant in sending or to have any conversation with CCOO office people of TS as i was busy but things changed since yesterday after having a discussion with CSE people of TS yesterday and also the zoom channel which are added immeditely to LS pack. My question to them is very clear the GEC channels such as 9x or NDTV imagine is added to LS pack then what about Sony or star plus or zee tv they can also add those channels to LS pack:rofl:. I think these will continue till reliance launch their dth until that time they will add channels no doubt on that but they will put these channels in LS pack. You could expect NDTV imagine & 9x music also on LS pack. I think by monday these 2 channels will come or i am sure ndtv imagine will sure come by next week but the sad part is a GEC channel is added into LS pack straight away. I dont mind channels such bindass, ndtv good times, zoom, actve darshan or actve news room getting into LS pack but i was not happy GEC channels getting into LS pack as it is injustice to hindi viewing people.

Let me thank u for taking ur time out & forwarding our griveances to TS office. Hope u get a reply soon.i truly agree with the points raised by u.TS really needs to pull their socks up.once again, thanks.

Back