error 676:phone line is busy???

• Thread starter Thread starter preetam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,397

preetam

ISP
dataone
i have ut300r2u modem.earlier it used to work fine.but sometime back the adsl cable malfunctioned & a guy from bsnl changed it.after that whenever i try to connect it first shows connecting through wan -mini port pppoe.after sometime it gives error message errror 676,phone line is busy.earlier it didn't used to show "connecting through wan -mini port pppoe" part.i have found a way arond,i have to restart the modem & at the time dsl starts blinking on the modem i have to click connect.it has to be simultaneously.then also i get it connected after several try.i don't know much about these,but i think there is a problem with the modem conf.ther are bridge conn.,wan miniport kind of stuff.it is very furstating.guys pls suggest a remedy.reply soon.

Why don't you try PPPOE mode instead of bridged mode? - Initial Setup of UT300R2U ADSL Modem

Also, make sure no phone line is connected in parallel.

there isn't any home tab in the page.

can u help?

- In UT 300 r2u, you will find an option of Advanced setup.

- In advanced set up, go to WAN, If there are many option showing then choose the one which have VPI=0, VCI=35 and click edit on that option.

- then choose service type UBR without PCR, check Enable QoS, then next,

- In connection type select PPPoE and Encapsulation mode as LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING, then next

- Now in PPP Username/Pwd give your Useranme/Pwd provided by BSNL and check the Bridge PPPoe frames option if it is not checked. leave every thing as it is, click next

- NAT/Firewall/ WAN service should already be checked. then next

- click save and choose Save&Reboot.

Modem is now configured in PPPoE mode. Check it now !

Back