Error 691 (not normal)

ayushkumar47

ISP
BSNL
Hi
I'm a bsnl bb user (sadly) and i live in jharkhand....
My plan is Home 500..
recently i'm facing error 691 when i try to connect...
however, this problem sometimes just vanishes by itself....
Sometimes i'm able to connect....and sometimes i'm not...
i googled it and found some reasons why this may be happening:

1)Invalid username and password - sure its not my case...

2)Include windows domain - That option is unchecked in mine...

3)Account suspended - If this is the case, then why i'm able to connect sometimes...??

Tried complaining to customer care but they didn't take nay interest....

Few peculiar things i also noted -

1)supposing i'm connected and my link becomes unstable and then stable again, i'm not able to reconnect....i hav to power off the modem and turn it on again and wait for it to become stable....

2)My download speed has also decreased a lot......My normal download speed was around 220kbps but now it remains around 75kbps...and once it went down to ~20kbps(for a whole night.i.e between 7pm-8am)....this problem began on 31st march....right after my 10th board exams ended...So plz help people....:madness::pleasehelp::cry:

Try "ALWAYS ON" PPP/PPPoE mode instead of "Bridged" "dialer" mode.2Mention modem/model/make/number.Check "Sticky" post of mine for WA3002_g4 in this forum.Post Statistics ADSl data mod mode SNR ATTNLine RateRate DNS used .

sorry,couldn't understand Always on mode....

this is the overview (advanced):
System Information
Equipment Vendor DSL MODEM
Model Number DSL
Firmware Version V55.1.04.10
DSL Firmware Version E.37.9.32
Serial Number 00085CC38B0B
System Up time 00:14:14s

Internet Connection
DSL Status true
Last Failed 0x00000019
Downstream Data Rate 1120000
Upstream Data Rate 160000
SNR (Downstream) 9.0 dB
SNR (Upstream) 5 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 40.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 31.5 dB
Connected Standard G.Dmt

LAN Port
Mac Address 00:08:5C:C3:8B:0B
IP Address 192.168.1.1
DHCP server On
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Is this what you needed...???Or anything else is also needed...???Please point out where i will find it....

Call your exchange and ask them to check your port. I had a similar issue. Your SNR and attenuation values are poor. Get your line checked by the line man.

my broadband connection is now working.....what happened was that they resetted my password.......but that did not help....so they disabled port binding and now it is working......

If they have disabled port binding on your connection, make sure you change your modem/router password to a good one!

Back