Excitel Fiber Router Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter infotech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,722
ISP
excitel
I have a excitel fiber connection 100Mbps plan.
I didn't have 5Ghz router so this is the router they gave me from RicherLink brand (similar to what Syrotech resells)

Device Model: RL821GWV-D
Device ID: 1C184A-1C184A38D6D0
Hardware Version: V2.0
Software Version: V2.0.5-19930

My issue is that after heavy usage for few hours, the router becomes unresponsive. Browser won't open any page even the router management page won't open.

The main reason for heavy use is that i run a raspberry pi as a seedbox. The torrent client still shows network activity although reduced (From MBps at peak to KBps). The issue only goes after reboot either manual or automatic.

Their support is clueless.

Anyone else facing similar issue?

I'm thinking of getting my own router. Will it help?

own router would definitely help.
change from this router to normal wired one. They'll refund you Rs.1250.

Before that order something like TP-Link a6 or c6

TP-Link AC1200 Archer A6

or anything else acc to your budget. just make sure it got gigabit port.

ask excitel about router change first & then only order the router.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many torrents were there? If there was >50-100 active torrents then most home routers tend to slow down due to the number of active open connections. If it is like 10-15 active torrents the getting a router will help.

I didnt take their wireless routers as i heard from many friend who are using Syrotech or used in past that they are not so good.

So i took no-wifi Modem, which is some RicherLink RL801G and bought Archer A6 from TP-Link and i am not having any issue.
One my friend move to C6 from tp-link and he said its also way better than Syrotech ones, even in coverage.

Back