Experience sharing for (K)Ubuntu users: Torrent downloads on MTNL Triband Unlimited plans

• Thread starter Thread starter indigene
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,902

indigene

ISP
MTNL Triband 1mbps unlimited & also 256kbps unlimited
I'm using 2 triband connections 1Mbps unlimited & 256Kbps unlimited in Mumbai.Have a Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic 64-bit on desktop and 32-bit on netbookUse Vuze and Ktorrent.Thought this will be a thread where (K)ubuntu users can share experiences about their torrent packages and discuss settings that have worked best for them.

Me having Kubuntu Karmic 32 bit and only Vuze all the way as it has much better options. Sorry haven't used ktorrent extensively so can't provide any comparison between them but experience tells me from very less use of ktorrent that vuze turned out to be best among the lot on Linux esp. looots of options to tweak.

Hey power... what kind of settings do you use to get best downloads. Whats your Triband speed and how much do get max during torrent download?

I have Unlimited Download and 12K limit for Uploads. Vuze(formely Azureus) working a like a charm. New updates keep happening automatically with few tweaks like Don't update metrics frequently unless Vuze is the main window. saves few CPU cycle.!! Incremental file creation(saves unnecc. disk space even if file is not completely downloaded), number of simultaneouls downloads and uploads settings, don't do automatic scrape to save bandwidth and the list goes on. Excellent for bittorrent users.Me having Night Unlimited 590NU and I get 220 kbps download speeds.

i use vuze on fedora 12. using vuze on fedora is better than using on windows....1stly while running on linux doesnt make my comp hot...2ndly amt of bad data & network activity data is very less on fedora as compared to windows & also d/l more on linux than on windows.

Plus Linux + Java = No chance of Virus/Hacking attempt when u leave ur downloads unattended.

Back