Extremely BAD Speeds on BSNL Fiber Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Realme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,271
ISP
BSNL
Hi
since yesterday i'm facing extremely BAD speeds post 10:30 AM, it starts getting worse for international servers like 10 KB/sec and gradually becomes worse for peered servers like Google and AWS( i was unable to open google and things on gcp post 1 pm), even IBF was taking a lot of time to load.

Anybody else facing the same?

The issue was there yesterday but is now fixed. Would you try restarting your ONT.

i'm getting 117.xx series ip and speeds are anywhere from 384 bytes/sec to 0.55 mbps(measurementlab)

i did restart :(

It seems UL/DL is capped to 95 Mbps as per speedtest to some local server which were giving good speeds.

For Airtel Servers : 1-2 Mbps DL and 13-16 Mbps UL

For other servers(including international servers like Telia,GTT,SingTel,OVH, NFOrce and i3D): 1-2 Mbps DL, 90-95 Mbps UL

contacted with lco and he told bsnl is connecting some new big equipments between routes that's why issues is comings sometimes connection will work fine and sometime worse

it will be continued for next 3 days

some new big equipments as in?

The only news I've heard is their 400-pair optical fiber cable in Kanpur being severed by Railway, as such all their leased line connections to BAnk and other companies going dark.

UL is fine(albeit 5 mbps capped from advertised plan), only DL is bad.

Also DL to some local servers and NETFLIX OCA was good, but DL to Chennai and Mumbai based servers especially Bharti Airtel was bad and weirdly to RailTel Chennai it was good(still 95 mbps cap)

Update: So far nothing has improved, life outside peered world is not worth venturing out.

I had this exact issue two weeks back. My DL was at 1-2mbps and upload at 48-50mbps. Also, this occurred only during day time.
I changed the MTU from 1492 to 1460 and the issue was fixed. Try finding the optimum MTU for your connection and set it.

MTU from PC or from ONT settings?

btw, I've changed mtu on my pc , a long time ago, the problem is recent 3-4 days only.

Back