Extremely High Latency to Middle East servers (AWS)

• Thread starter Thread starter shivam12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,722
ISP
Airtel
It’s been over 5 months and nearly all the Indian ISP have high ping on AWS Middle East servers , me south 1 and me central 1 , how can I reach out to AWS support to get this fixed?

Unless the node is operated/owned by you, there is not much you can do about it.

If your carrier has direct peering with them, you can request them, but I doubt they'd do much for a broadband customer.
Even if you were enterprise, unless the issue stemmed from incorrect routing, they would not do much.
NSP prefer keeping routing as much dynamic as possible, and it also seems they do not seem to have direct landing peering in Middle-East.

While, it seems Airtel has direct peering with AWS at UAE-IX, AWS is using selective policy i.e., only very Premium Customer would have their routes advertised here.

I am seeing about 132ms and 160ms respectively as well from Mumbai.
238ms on Airtel, appears to be going via DE-CIX.

Man that sucks , but now what are my options? I remember it was fine for the longest time.. and then suddenly it messed up.. Airtel does have a direct line to AWS then why can’t they see this issue and fix it?? I am happy to pay for it lol..

Why don't you try to use an EC2/ lightsail instance as a VPN server in Mumbai and route all traffic through it? Try it once and see if that reduces your latency.

There is nothing you can do apart from using VPN or changing ISP. Ask your game support if VPN is allowed or not. It shouldn't matter in most games, as long as you're using a decent VPN. You can follow royalroy's suggestion, if your game devs do allow VPN, for the best experience.

Even though I don't play Call of Duty, when playing Fortnite on Middle East servers, I get around 30 ms ping. However, when pinging the AWS Middle East IP from my laptop, I get 200+ ms ping for some reason.

Back