facebook.com, hdfcbank.com, linkedin.com not working on wireless

• Thread starter Thread starter sunit.bansal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,919

sunit.bansal

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have a UT startcom Wireless Modem-cum-Router.For some time, i have noticed that i am not able to 1. Add comments on Facebook2. Open the netbanking on HDFC etc3. View my profile in linkedinWhereas i am able to do all these using the same modem with LAN.All the sites (linkedin, hdfcbank and facebook) are opening properly but some of the features do not workPlease let me know what to do.RegardsSunit Bansal

Try putting these values for DNS.208.67.222.222, 8.8.8.8

Whereas i am able to do all these using the same modem with LAN.
All the sites (linkedin, hdfcbank and facebook) are opening properly but some of the features do not work
Confusing report. you access web sites ,but links do not work, which appear in the website/s

Which browser you use? Try a different browser.
Since web sites are opening, check Javascript Java (JRE) are enabled.
http:/filehippo.com
In modem access control page ensure all options are selected.
Usually MTU( 1492) change recommended for this problem. Since web sites are opening
may not be the cause.

@meetdilip.
1. How to put this DNS settings
2. As far as i know, the option is to obtain DNS automatically. Shouldnt this work?

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

@essbebe
1. Firefox. Tried opening in IE also.
2. How to check for JRE
3. Which one is the access control page. I logged in the modem but wasnt aware of the access control page
4. MTU is 1492 only.

In laptop,Start > settings > Control panel > Network connections > Select your wireless connection > Right click > properties > TCP/IP properties > You will find an option to enter the DNS values.

@meetdilipRight now "Obtain DNS automatically" is selected. Shouldnt this be in a solution in itselfMeanwhile, i shall try your suggestion from home. (Right now i am in office). I had more questions regarding changing the DNS server1. Would Changing the DNS server compromise with my internet security2. Would Changing it effect any other website3. Would my office be able to check my DNS server settings. I hope it is not illegal

You can always choose Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS. Nothing illegal in changing to these values. Currently you may have " Obtain DNS automatically ". It is just like using IE 6 in Windows 7. Similar to Chrome and Mozilla, there are many third party DNS database. The one I mentioned is a mix of Open DNS and Google DNS. It is just like using Firefox in your PC. Hope this helped. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

@meetdilip
Right now "Obtain DNS automatically" is selected.
Shouldnt this be in a solution in itself

Meanwhile, i shall try your suggestion from home. (Right now i am in office).
I had more questions regarding changing the DNS server
1. Would Changing the DNS server compromise with my internet security
2. Would Changing it effect any other website
3. Would my office be able to check my DNS server settings. I hope it is not illegal

1. No. Need Norton's DNS ?

2. Page loading will be faster if you use a better DNS.

3. Nobody cares about the DNS value you are using. It is not illegal.

Back