• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3,244

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
Need one for my Grandmom. She is using the Nokia X2 currently. Only voice and texts required. Thought of getting the MotoE, but I don't see any point and she isn't too keen either.
Next, had a look at CDMA feature phones (since voice is the primary purpose), can't find any except mmx.
So, finally, looking for a decent feature phone, dual sim, in the range of 3-4k. GSM+CDMA would be great, but GSM+GSM should also be fine.

Whatsapp works on 208

Upvote 0
Right. So I demoed the Wiser launcher on my s2, she quite liked it, with the bigger on screen text and all.

Finally settled on the moto e. Data and WiFi will be off all the time, so, I guess battery shouldn't be an issue.

Back in stock exactly at 12?

Upvote 0
Would get the phone tomorrow. I can already see a potential issue. Thing is her primary sim is MTNL; and over the past couple of months their 2G network at home has gone down the drain. Signal strength is perfect but the voice cracks or the person on the other end gets no voice at all, stuff like that. I've tried convincing them to port out, but, no go. The poor Nokia was blamed for the voice issues, ironically, the secondary sim (Loop) worked like a charm on the same Nokia. In any case, I'm pretty sure that the same issues will persist on the Moto E, with MTNL :(

Upvote 0

Back