Hi.
Planning to buy NP 2 at 37k.
Do you guys think its a good phone ?
Please provide better suggestions if one comes up in your mind

Nothing Phone (2)

@Sushubh @Chip @Navjot Singh
Guys , any opinion ?

Upvote 0
I have no experience with the product to offer an opinion. Have you tried checking online reviews? I would not buy a newly launched product just yet. Wait for a generation or two after launch to pass and check.

For the same amt try a Samsung or a Moto.

Upvote 0
While I have no experience with NP2, I do own NP1 and can say that I am pretty satisfied with it. My expectations were minimal and it offers me that. NP2 was going to be a costly affair when I was in the market given that it has SD gen1, but I anyways didn't need that much power.

I can say that they are pretty serious about being in the market. When it was launched with A12, it got a lot of flak with the bugs in software and stuff but with A13 updates, they have been ironed out and with the latest NOS2.0.2, it's smooth as butter. They have optimised it pretty much which also shows how phones can actually last longer if the company and others decide to support it, rather than forcing customers to get a new one every 1-2 years.

Moto's equally good option but it's painfully slow with the updates. You will get bimonthly security patches so that's good. Nothing will be regular with updates. Saying this with 3 months of usage.

Upvote 0
How much did it cost you ? @Tejas01
Battery life and any ither quality control related issues ?
Also does it feels bulky ? NP2 is around 8-10gms heavier than NP1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@AAK I got the white 8/256 variant for ₹31k.

Battery life is subjective. It all depends how you use it. In my case, I never liked high refresh rate, so I keep it at 60Hz. I don't use any battery hogging apps like Insta, FB and other such spam media stuff. Not using 5G as it drains a hell of a battery, given that 5G is very battery intensive l and it will also heat up the phone if 5G used regularly.
On an average, given what users on Telegram group have said, you could get around 5-6 hours SoT with all of the above functions turned on. Mileage will vary. I get around 8-9 hours SoT or easily lasts me for two days from 100-10% when charged to 100%. Do note I use a 5W charger and charge between 30-80%.

Quality issues, I will say, is kind of lottery. I went for white highest end model and not having any issues so far. Maybe the early batches had issues, but I got this device much later so I believe the QC issues were sorted out. One thing I learnt is never buy a product immediately when released. QC is thrown out of the window when it comes to India and only when customers raise a hue and cry do these people address such issues. Now if Nothing learnt their lessons from NP1 fiasco with QC, then they should be no QC issues with NP2. But then again, during sale times, companies decide to skimp on the QC so I would certainly wait if I am hell bent on getting a newly launched device.

Regarding weight, yes it is bulky, which is both good and bad. The bad part is, your palms begin to pain after some time, which is also good, in a way, you aren't hooked to your device for extended duration. Depends on how you look at it. But yeah, if Moto can keep their weight down with higher battery capacity, amazing OLED panels, Nothing could borrow a leaf or two on how to keep their devices light weight. I have an average palm size, so that could be one issue. The glass back adds to the weight and it's a delicate darling if you have butter fingers. If you have bigger palms, perhaps, you may not face that much of an issue.

I wrote this entire reply from my NP1 and I will say, my palms have become uncomfortable to hold the device. I did factor in the weight before thinking of getting NP2. I knew 189 GM's would be difficult but tolerable. Anything higher means I would be rarely using that device. One of the reasons to drop NP2.

If weights are an issue and you don't care much about updates, I would say get a Moto Neo 40. Ticks almost all the boxes, a functional phone, and you are secured with bimonthly security patches. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Back