Nothing phone (1)

• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 159
  • Views Views 13,372
Will anything justify the reason why anyone would buy the lighter version of this phone without its USP? Answer would be...

It's 9 thousand rupees cheaper, 34k to 25k, has the same soc, camera, software as the expensive one, includes a 42w charger, has a normal looking backside. 778G+ and stock Android, 3 thousand rupees cheaper than moto.

I thought there were other brands in that range for similar specs as well and the glyph was the whole USP for Nothing. The moment you take out glyph, you would start comparing them with everything that is out there - and if one feel still worth the experiment, then yeah maybe,

Glyph is nothing but a gimmick to get people talking imo and one that's useless for 99% of people. They're going to forget this exists in two days or will be forced to turn off fearing looking like an idiot when someone calls them in public. Most people would put a case on it anyway.

We will slowly see it getting reduced in size in nothing's future models until one day it'll be removed entirely.

The USP of this phone is definitely the software and timely updates promised. But we will have to see if people really likes bare bones android compared to feature rich skins out there.

The youtubers will hype it sky high citing clean android a holy grail. But I've seen people exchange moto phones for Redmi and realme phones because stock is dull, life less, feature less and joy less to use. One thing miui, one ui all those skins does is make phones fun to use. They're colourful. Android 12 is made of depressed pastel colours.

Service I'm not sure moto is that great they're non existent where I'm from while the chinese and samsung phone brands have them everywhere.

If I buy this phone, I’d slap a solid case on it. What’s the purpose of the LEDs in that case? The company should’ve been a bit more thoughtful about the use ‘cases’ pun intended.

I actually like this phone: it strikes a right balance between everything but leaves something to be desired for which is performance. I don’t buy a phone for a year, it’s mostly 2-3 years or as long as the phone lasts. I wouldn’t mind spending an extra 10-15k to get better camera and performance (not that I game or anything), but the device would certainly feel slower with each passing year. 🤷

Back