• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 14,376

appus

The Real
ISP
BSNL Broadband -Home 500C
Hi Friends...

I shouldnt have posted this. But if this helps some people who having the same kind of issue, then it may of some help.

I got the internet Connection (BSNL 900+) on Jan 3rd.
A PUC boy came and installed my router (WA3002G4) and was setting up without a splitter. I forcefully made him to use the splitter (instead of removing the phone).
Then he gave me my username and password for my router/modem. No other details have been given. according to him, they will send a mail to the email address which we gave while applying for Broadband.

I waited 3 days and nothing had come to my account. Meanwhile i had to go to BSNL head office to talk about my CellOne postpaid bills. The Account officer over there was so helpful. after sorting out by mobile bill, she called some guys in broadband department and made me to talk with them.

That gentleman told me my Bsnl.in username/password and webportal username/password.
Later i came to knew that they have sent the user details including email details to my bsnl.in mail account !!!! (which username and password i didnt know)

As soon as i came home, first thing i did was changed all the password (email, usage portal, and the connection password).
I updated the password in the router aswell. I was getting the broadband and i was happy. Once i could login to data.bsnl.in with the new password i changed, and later i couldnt get into that page.
It never said anything other than a blank page with status 'Done'

Then onwards i was running back of local exchange, Customer support center, Divisional Engineer, toll free call center, NIB(national Internet Backbone) and the Area Managers office.

Responses from

From Local exchange => "Why did you change the password. Who told you to do that.Did you ask me before?, Dont ask me now".kept the phone

From CSC=>"We dont know anything and we cant do anything. Call Divisional Manager".
Called and none was picking up. Told CSC about this
then again => "Call NIB. They are the one who does the page. they are the ultimate"

Called NIB=>"Who told you to call here. we are not supposed to talk with customers. it is a matter of 1 min. Tell them to call us"

told them the same. and CSC=> "Call Area Manager. We are sorry. Now lunch break. call after 3PM"

came back home and called Area Managers office. They said will call back. None called. that was thursday.

Night called up the toll free no. after 3 hrs of continuous trying, i got a person who was talking nicely. he said portal is not working and cant do anything and will make all the arrangement by friday. wait for a day.

Friday afternoon I called the area managers office again. that lady said =>give the phone no., will call you back.
Yes she called me back and asked other infos. later again she called and said will be calling again after talking with Area Manger. she didnt call.
Saturday and sunday => None picked from AM's office. Meanwhile i called Divisional manager. Some watchman took the phone and said, call after 2 hrs (at 7PM).

Monday. Got fed up really. was in a mood to shout. Called NIB again. they said=> You are not supposed to change password. In site you may find lots of link to change password. we dont know how to reset the password. When i got angry and started scolding, he said "we dont want to talk to customers, only staffs can talk to us" and kept the phone.

I called area manager's office again. By this time lady could recognize my voice and said it will be done by wednesday or thursday since tuesday is holiday. i started saying bit harsh. she said "i can understand". she called me back again and asked my username. She called me around 5.40 and told a system generated password ! she told me to change the password immediately.... hehe. it worked. i changed the password again. Now also it works !!

make sure you clear the cookies/temporary files after you change the password. otherwise this site goes mad with new password !!

Area Manager's office solved the issue !! so next time call AM's office :P

Regards
appus

never faced this problem.changed password easily.

Am wondering why the NIB ppl responded in that manner. In here NIB acts as the Customer Care for BSNL Broadband ;) That place is literally stuffed with hardcore techies :)

Am wondering why the NIB ppl responded in that manner. In here NIB acts as the Customer Care for BSNL Broadband ;) That place is literally stuffed with hardcore techies :)
since you mentioned that, i called up NIB people mainly. In kerala, they are so helpful i guess. They have given their number to my brother who got two bsnl connection at our home and his office. Anyways.. Finallly.. Its Done !!!

Back