"Flipkart: In-a-day Guarantee Delivery" for Rs. 90 per item in select cities

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Flipkart.com: In-a-day Guarantee
After Amazon, Flipkart also has followed its footsteps and launched its own 'In-a-day guarantee' delivery for Rs 90 extra.
Service available for orders placed before 6 pm and available in Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, and Hyderabad. Needless to say its available for orders by WS Retail only.
I guess it should be live on the site anytime soon.
Source

Cool.

LOL. Not available in 122001 (Gurgaon)Rs 90 charged per item. Would be suitable for expensive purchases I guess.
What happens if a product is not delivered within the promised time?If a product is not delivered within the promised time, the amount charged for shipping is refunded back to your Flipkart Wallet. You’ll see the expected delivery date at the time of placing the order.For Cash-on-Delivery orders, the delivery charge will be collected as part of the order, but will be automatically refunded to your Wallet within 24 hours.Our money-back guarantee has got you covered in case our courier partner is unable to initiate the In-a-Day Guarantee delivery within the promised date. We will refund your delivery charge within 24 hours. We will also remit twice that amount to your Wallet for future purchases on Flipkart. This amount is non-refundable.
I am confused.

i guess they were probably checking this system since their current deliveries have also improved within 24 to 48 hours.
Though wonder how will they manage to deliver items coming from another State to the delivery State. Probably wont be available.
Paper cutter they shipped from Bangalore it took 4days for delivery.

So if the delivery fails... You get Rs. 90 refund and Rs. 180 in your Wallet?

Service will gradually role out in other cities as well.
We have had a lot of customers requesting urgent deliveries, for reasons ranging from occasion-led gifts to pre-travel shopping. But given the large volumes that we handle it wasn’t feasible to address them on a case-to-case basis. We have now built the capability into our supply-chain and can now offer it as a guaranteed feature. This value-added service is available to consumers who need it – making online shopping a viable option even for last-minute purchases. We hope this will further accelerate the adoption of e-commerce in the country.
Source
Flipkart had been taking user's feedback back in May whether they want such a delivery service. Their timing is apt thought. Just after Amazon. Could have been better. :tongue:

I still do not see the value if they are just refunding the shopping charge for late deliveries. If they are so confident... Why not give back 5 times the shipping charge?

Back