• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,613

netant

۩ ŚŧäГЏЅ ΞПЖ
ISP
[EDIT (after 24 hrs of posting this thread):- see down, post #8]

Hi all,

It often said a picture worth more then thousand words so please see the image first.
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bsnldisconnectionnx3.png

im under XP prof SP2, with latest update.

Beetel 220 BX modem (which bought from airtel with their connection long back, which in reconfigured by me for using with DataOne, home550 )

once i change some setting, after that im not able to use dial-up method , as i configured it "always on", and i don't know how to revert back to dial-up method .... any way those things are secondary.

I'm not able to download anything in my free hours (see images), earlier also the problem was there but from past 2weeks situation gone worst.. horrible... pathetic, i have to sit and restart modem manually after 5-10 minute intervals. as after every 5 -10 minute interval the data link in modem "stop blinking" or just "off", doesn't work until its been restarted manually (sometimes 2-3 restarts).
where as in other time, 8:01 AM to 1:59 AM , i don't have any problem at all.

2 days back i update my FW also, which mentioned in WIKI, but no difference. i make so many complains to BSNL but no reply except. "line thik hai sir .. engineer to bhjenge apka computer check kerne " .
thats all no one come after that.:wall:

do anyone have any clue what going wrong with my connection ?
any help will be highly appreciated .

if anyone wants any other settigs/information please ask

1. Lancard problem. give ipconfig/all (with modem connected to ethernet port. and usb PORT) )
May be you have to upd the drivers for your lan card.
LAN connection, is better than USB connection.

2.TrackZapper-Connaction Booster -tz connection booster-free internet connection booster-download free pc booster try this program.
Somehow your SNR should go up .
3. Check Rj11 cable for oxidation or use short cable.
Telephone junction===Rj11 >splitter==Phoneport>> all phones
................................ splitter====>>>Adsl Port==>>>Rj11==>>>modem
Para two : Congrats your Beetel 220bx FW is upgraded with file in IBF WIKI.
Check this page. Shows all default settings.
http://i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg
Note:This is on my Airtel connection 256Kbps

Para three : If you want to program your modem for Dialup select "bridged"
in WAN page. Set up a dialer.
For ref : PPPoE DIALER INSTALLATION

in your DSL status mode is ADSL2 which is wrong.use G.DMT.when you are using bsnl home plan your downstream rate must not exceed 2048kbps while yours is 11587kbps.similarly upstream should be 512kbps & yours is 865kbps.this is why your snr for downstream is so low(

@essbebe
thanks for the reply
1. My LAN card is OK
2. My connection are absolutely right.
3. i don't want to use any 3rd party stuffs, can you just tell me how to revert back to windows dialer.

@ whitestar_999
sure i will try changing & see if any progress.

===> the problem doesn't start after i changed any settings, so i just have doubts on my modem, what u guyz think?

tell me how to revert back to windows dialer.
Just select in WAN page "bridged"
Create PPPoE dialer.

PPPoE DIALER INSTALLATION

3rd party stuffs.
The program I suggested , I am using , after trying other
speed boosters. The program has option to save your present settings, and if you don't find any improvement , you can restore old settings , and uninstall the program. I am sure you may not need to do it ! Anyway it is individual's choice. ( READ EULA/Readme for any program /application! including Windows OS !)

i reset my modem, and able to connect with dialer.... thanksnow if i want openDNS insted of bsnl dns..where i have to put .. in lan settings or modem settings?

Cool!

i reset my beetel 220BX, (hardware reset)
connected in LAN mode.
windows dailer with userame password.
and it workS :) atleast today it worked. i was able to download 4.4GB in free hours.

i guess home500 will work gr8 in PPPoE dialer mode :)

when you are using bsnl home plan your downstream rate must not exceed 2048kbps while yours is 11587kbps.similarly upstream should be 512kbps & yours is 865kbps.this is why your snr for downstream is so low(

the settings which i mentioned for upstream & downstream are pre configured on modems(at least siemens models) provided by bsnl.someone once here posted a problem about using business15000 plan in which speed is upto 8mbps.in his case his upstream/downstream values are similar to yours & he said that his snr drops to 9 as soon as he got business15000 even though his snr was fine until he was using home500 with no changes in line.one of the replies suggested that because of his so high upstream/downstream rate his snr dropped & this is a fact.see here-
::. Kitz - adsl Line Stats .::
An upgrade in speed often causes the SNR to decrease by up to 5 dB.
Downstream SNR Margin should be at least 10 dB to get adsl - ideally above 12dB to get traditional fixed adsl.
Anything less than this will see frequent disconnections and other problems.

your upstream & downstream rate are same then it means your modem is synced at these speeds with exchange however i doubt if it means your upload rate=download rate.

...... however i doubt if it means your upload rate=download rate.

no my upload download are not same... i can download at pretty high speeds but haven't seems upload goes above 50 -70, once it went above 110 also before the cable cut (that time i was using dial mode).
will keep u updated regarding the speeds later on

hey im not going to touch the settings now:P .
as its running better, no freq disconnection after PPPoE dialer mode.

Back