FTP Unavailable on ACT Fibernet Broadband

I do wish for it to become a standard but moving to IPv6 is gigantic pain in the ass. Some ISPs have already set up dual-stack so we could only hope they start moving to IPv6 rather than staying there. I'm not exactly sure what ACT blocks FTP means, My ISP deploys similar double NAT setup and SSH/ SFTP seems to work just fine for me.

I am curious. Can you access a PC connection with IPv6 by just typing its IPv6 address in the browser like IPv4 address? :p

Yes, you can access a PC or other websites (or other services like FTP etc) just by typing IPv6 address or also the *SAME* DNS hostname like www . google . com , if IPv6 is active in you OS and ISP - like for my Jio 4G JioFi device gives IPv6 address though I haven't tested it, I just disabled it for now. The reason you can use the same DNS hostname like www . blahblah . com because DNS itself can convert the name to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses at the same time and your OS/browser will connect the preferred way, depending on how it's configured. :)

right. forum has a ipv6 address. but i cannot use it because my isp uses IPv4/IPv6 gateway.

Let me see if I can test your forum address via IPv6, give me a couple of minutes :-)

2607:f298:5:104f::c2a:39fe

last time someone tried, i was told that the domain does not have proper aaaa records.

So, it's working, see the following screenshots. You have to enclose the IPv6 address in square brackets else the browser will just use it as a search result input :-) Not sure about why the "not secure" message is coming, maybe your SSL certificate is not fully configured for IPv6 address - I think typing in the website name worked.

ipv6_public.png

ipv6_ping.png

ipv6_ibf.png

Cool stuff! :-)

every isp has some back drops if you dont want to pay 2500/year go for bsnl ftth connection which costs 2700 for 50 Mbps and200 gb fup now see act chargess 1208 for 60 Mbps and 200 gb fup you have pay 250/munth or 2500/year but stil act cheep

think before shouting out in the forroms that one thing or the other is not working because you are the one who opted for cheper isp not they have asked to come and join their isp that is your mistake doing a commertial work and not going with bigger players you have fase the problems so think wisely before choosing your next isp

So, it's working, see the following screenshots. You have to enclose the IPv6 address in square brackets else the browser will just use it as a search result input :) Not sure about why the "not secure" message is coming, maybe your SSL certificate is not fully configured for IPv6 address - I think typing in the website name worked.

Cool stuff! :)

Thats because the certificate is issued for the domain name and not the IP.

2607:f298:5:104f::c2a:39fe uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: broadbandforum.co, www.broadbandforum.co

Yeah and the cert is issued by Lets Encrypt, so Sushubh can probably just get a new free one and add the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses too. But maybe it does not make sense to add raw address as host might change it later? Unless it's a purchased static IP or something.

Back