Ganguly to retire after AUS series

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,200
yey yey yey yey party time!

haha, off-late he is not much worth

but since he is going, i must say there was time/phase he looked even better than tendulkar. and S/R and Avg was also better than tendulkar.

so finally decision comes.

i hope dravid doesnt follow him, because i feel he is just going thru bad phase. he wud bounce back. ganguly had weaknesses which once known reduced his effectiveness. but for dravid i am yet to find a sure weakness.

Timeline = Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Sourav Ganguly

I still remember the toronto 4-1 win over pakistan where he won 4 man of the matches

dravid's time is over not because he has lost it. but because his form of cricket is now dead.dravid is a player that would have been much more appreciated in the times of bradman. he is born in the wrong generation.

It's good he announced his retirement , as he is out of form and is having a poor run of scores, better to give newcomers and young blood a chance :whistle:

Now he is opening his mouth as in a bengali daily he has conveyed that he was humiliated by the selectors and thats the reason he thought of retiring. He could have opened his mouth after the series.....not in the middle of the series.......but i can understand his feelings:thumb:

I was not prepared to take any more humiliation: Ganguly
October 10, 2008 10:28 IST

Sourav Ganguly [Images] lashed out at the previous Dilip Vengsarkar-led selection committee on Thursday, saying he decided to retire to save himself the humiliation of being treated as the "scarificial goat" all the time while others are spared.
"There is no point playing like this. I am not willing to play at their (selectors') mercy. They will pick you now and then dump you. Why should I be the sacrificial goat all the time? It was difficult to accept," Ganguly, who announced his retirement from international cricket on Tuesday, said.
'I was not prepared to take any more humiliation'

well, if u dont get down on ur own then u r bound to get humiliated.ask new comer, if he doesnt perform for 2-3 tests he is dropped. but just out of respect, he was kept in team for 2 and half years (he didnt score single hundred)and then u talk abt humiliation.whatever respect i gave in my previous post, i feel like taking it back.

But till the time the series was not over he shouldnt have commented something like this. Although Ganguly is denying any such interview, we cant trust our media as well.

ganguly is a douche bag. he once again proved that by announcing his retirement at the wrong time. and i am sure he talked the reasons for his decision. for the sole reason of blaming the management for his decision. it's sad really. he was once the shining star of indian cricket. after his retirement he would be more known for the mess in his later years.

Back