Getting a Mobile Connection in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter SPMobile
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 12,108
We finally decided to go with Airtel for my wife....thanks appus and mshiva for your help.:thumbsup:

I still have some questions though, your knowledge sharing would help here.

[*]I was under the impression that all STD would be Rs. 1.50 irrespective of kind of prepaid plan we took. (My wife recharged with a Rs. 349 voucher for a 1 year validity, Rs. 150 talk time, Rs. 50 credit after 3 months,local calls @Re.1, recharge of Rs. 34 for [email protected]). The dealer who gave the SIM said that the Rs. 34 recharge made the STD from Rs. 2.65 to Re.1. However, my wife informed me today that the STD was reduced to Rs. 1.50. There is so much confusion. Can anyone tell me is this kind of recharge possible? Are these old plans of Airtel still be doled out by retailers? There seems to be a disconnect between the website to actually what is there in the market.
[*]Why does not Airtel clearly market/ advertise the recharges on its website? At least Vodafone details the special recharges.
[*]After all this confusion I would like to ask, is BSNL better at billing and clarity of recharges or does it also have same the myriad of plans/ recharges confusing the heck out of consumers? Would it be a better alternate(atleast in terms of billing/ vouchers/clarity of top-ups) than Airtel? I ask this when I assuming that BSNL has a decent network coverage in Bangalore/ Karnataka as compared to Airtel...I am positive that Airtel has better call quality . Your thoughts!
[/list]Thanks in advance.

We finally decided to go with Airtel for my wife....thanks appus and mshiva for your help.:thumbsup:

I still have some questions though, your knowledge sharing would help here.

[*]I was under the impression that all STD would be Rs. 1.50 irrespective of kind of prepaid plan we took. (My wife recharged with a Rs. 349 voucher for a 1 year validity, Rs. 150 talk time, Rs. 50 credit after 3 months,local calls @Re.1, recharge of Rs. 34 for [email protected]). The dealer who gave the SIM said that the Rs. 34 recharge made the STD from Rs. 2.65 to Re.1. However, my wife informed me today that the STD was reduced to Rs. 1.50. There is so much confusion. Can anyone tell me is this kind of recharge possible? Are these old plans of Airtel still be doled out by retailers? There seems to be a disconnect between the website to actually what is there in the market.
[*]Why does not Airtel clearly market/ advertise the recharges on its website? At least Vodafone details the special recharges.
[*]After all this confusion I would like to ask, is BSNL better at billing and clarity of recharges or does it also have same the myriad of plans/ recharges confusing the heck out of consumers? Would it be a better alternate(atleast in terms of billing/ vouchers/clarity of top-ups) than Airtel? I ask this when I assuming that BSNL has a decent network coverage in Bangalore/ Karnataka as compared to Airtel...I am positive that Airtel has better call quality . Your thoughts!
[/list]Thanks in advance.

Airtel has made all STD calls at 1.50INR per min irrespective of type of connection. 2.65/min STD is talk of past and with 34 STV you should make STD 1/min from 1.5/min.
Vodafone and Idea give 1.3/min STD without any spl voucher. with 31 and 30 STV that will reduce to 1/min.

If you both are in area where BSNL gives good network coverage go for it coz now they have a plan under which without paying anything one can make BSNL to BSNL STD call to ONE number just for 60 paise per min:thumbsup:

I can answer your 2nd and 3rd questions (because you thanked me, after a looong time someone thanked MEE:yahoo:).Airtel's website is not well maintained, as you told Vodafone, Reliance and VirginMobile's are better. BUT, that's not what we must care about, it's the service that matters. You've taken a good decision, to go with Aitel. So don't look back, unless some other operator provides exceptionally better plans.BSNL is NOT better than Airtel in billing.BSNL doesn't offer such confusing limited-time plans, instead all their plans are confusing, as they don't advertise much.Moreover, BSNL customer service is HORRIBLE, their CROs are rude, and behave like a typical government servents(my dad's one too!).I would say, stick with Airtel. When you find a good limited-time plan from them, go for it.:)

lol @ shivaAccording to me, bsnl billing was superb so far !!!!!!!!!I get itemised (detailed) bill everymonth with no additional charges ! (till last month i was getting even the calls between Jodi number) !Their postpaid plans are neat as far as i am concerned !std @ 1Re to bsnl network and 1.20 to other network !std sms @80 ps and local @ 40ps (100SMS free ie, 40RS sms local/national)unlimited free calls between Jodi number ! pulse of 15sec. If i call an std for 1min 10sec to a bsnl number, it will cost 1.25 ! 100RS talk time !the above one is my plan ! 325 ! So..after 100RS deduction, you get rent as 225 for two numbers 110 for a number ! (think you are getting unlimited talk time to another number) :DCustomer Care => The worsttttttttttttttttttttttt (if there is a word below that, that it is ) !!BSNL customercare for mobile/ broadband su*ks big time !! LANDLINE customer care in bangalore are the number 1 :) They know what they are talking !bsnl plans are there on websites.. nothing more you will see in shops !Airtel voice quality is great ! note : Dont get into life time/1 year validity plans ! STD rates may be more.. and once you recharge some voucher, all your scheme changes. so be careful with that !

Thanks guys - DrSRQ, mshiva and appus for sharing your viewpoints....maybe my next question might come towards which landline to take...I know one has more options than just BSNL in Bangalore, but that might not be the best question on this thread.I shall be back with more of my queries as they come to my head.....:wall:...till then :whistle:

@appusThey don't bother to send bills properly to me.May be they don't take care for customers in the sub-sub-urbs.:(

i dont care about billing since i can see the bills online :Pportal.bsnl.in !

So far I have been able to able to talk to my wife without any problem. Airtel quality has been great. Once I get down to Bangalore, will decide whether to go for postpaid or not. My wife was able to get local calls @50p and [email protected] for a Rs. 44 recharge (something like that). That seems a good deal to me....no need to pay for higher rentals in post-paid.......

Thanks guys for all your help so far.....I shall be back ....:whistle:

https://www.speedtest.net

Back