Good News For Dish Tv Viewers!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ksaisubramanian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,427
K

ksaisubramanian

Look Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUMBAI: Subhash Chandra-promoted Agrani Satellite Services Ltd is acquiring 14 per cent stake and will invest $64 million in ProtoStar satellite.

Agrani Satellite Services will have all the 14 Ku-band transponders of the satellite, enhancing Dish TV's capacity to offer more channels to its direct-to-home (DTH) subscribers.

"We will be investing $64 million over a five-year period. The satellite will help boost Dish TV's transponder capacity," Zee Network whole time director Punit Goenka tells Indiantelevision.com. Goenka is also Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (Zeel) network operating officer.

This will be ProtoStar Ltd's first satellite and is scheduled to launch in May 2008. ProtoStar 1 will also have 12 C-band transponders and will launch from Kourou in French Guyana.

ProtoStar Ltd. has already announced that it would be leasing out five C-band transponders to PlanetSky Ltd. of Limassol, Cyprus.

Indiantelevision.com had earlier reported that Agrani Satellite Services will be investing in ProtoStar's first satellite.

Dish TV is looking to expand its channel offerings. The DTH service provider is adding two transponders on NSS-6 satellite in January. This will take its total number of transponders on NSS to 11.

ProtoStar Ltd, a Bermuda corporation, is funded by a clutch of venture firms - New Enterprise Associates, VantagePoint Venture Partners and RedShift Ventures. The satellite services company acquires, launches and operates high-power geostationary satellites for DTH satellite television in the Asia-Pacific region.

SOURCE- Indian Television.com

And Take a note on this

"Dish TV is looking to expand its channel offerings. The DTH service provider is adding two transponders on NSS-6 satellite in January. This will take its total number of transponders on NSS to 11."

Will Dishtv Take two transponders and increase the channels? Let us See........................ :):):):):):)

NO ! The news is just for LOL'Z!!!Well we seen many times that Dish Tv annoucne many thing but never seen channels.First they told about 200 channels in Auguest 2007 but it's 4 month but still only 177 channels. :DUnpe koi barosha nahi hai.:D

the newSatellite is launching on next year may........so wait for another 1 yr to add new channels............:P

I don't see any increase in the number of channels immediately nor in the near future i.e. 2008! The satellite launch date is not a confirmed one... Could change due to technicalities or weather (Max. upto 1 - 3 months) And even if the satellite launches successfully all the additions of channels would take several months.... And after transponder allocation and channel uplinking/downlinking they'd test those channels for several months... so its better we hope for channel additions by 2009... By then I guess TS users would have already had like 20+ Channels added... :P

im pretty sure those new transponders will be filled with all the crap regional or some boring waste channels.

kopout

whts your problem with regional channels is there any law dish tv only show hindi and international channels

regional peoples wants their own language channels than hindi or international channel just look the channel list u can see so many regional channels are not included in the list

for a south indian coustomer star plus Sony or zee all the channels are crap so please dont say regional channels are always crap dish tv is not focusing only ur intreset

dishtv must concentrate on indian channels first .first add all the indian channels regional or wht ever it may be then go for international (always blaming transponder shortage )

i hope other users agree with me

I too agree with jishnu1980...All dth players should focus on regional channels..For eg:Tata Sky didnt have sun package before but after it started showing those channels it sales started rising in southern india...

I Pay for those channels even those i never wanted but i have to pay for it. I have every right to be disgusted with all these regional (Rubbish) channels keep added to dish tv.

@KopOut, The channels which you do not want will be the must haves for your neighbor. Dish TV, or any other service provider should be able to cater to the needs of everyone across the country and not some particular class alone. Further they will have their business interests in doing so.
As our nation is one with diversified culture and languages, the requirement for verity of regional content is high. Most of us including you and me, will be proud of and would always try to support our mother tongue whether it is Hindi, Tamil, Kashmiri or English. If someone makes fun of our mother tongue, even if it is unintentional, we will get hurt and that is the reason why others have replied to you in a harsh way.
It will be a much better place if we can respect the needs and feelings of your fellow being.
I understand that you are forced to spend for regional channels even though you do not need it. Thats the same situation for everyone across the nation. And all of us are eagerly waiting for implementation of a-la-carte pricing, by which you will have an option to choose the channels which you want to watch. Reliance DTH is aiming for that when it will start by March2008 and soon others will also follow the same. Reliance is also lobbying to add more international contents which many of the viewers will accept. Till then we will have to adjust.
I apologize, if I have hurt you any way.
I am sure you wont care about these. And I may be getting a harsh reply with lot of emoticons. But still I am sure that we can make this place a better one, by showing more respect to your fellow being's culture and beliefs.
God bless and have a nice day!!!

Back