Good News

• Thread starter Thread starter TDuncan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 12,492

TDuncan

I am assuming that there would be others like me who would have crossed their 1GB limits thanks to EMule, EDonkey etc :) > If so, please read on...I got my DataOne Connection (256 KBps) on April 11th, after registering on the 2nd of April ( 2 days after March 31st). Since I was worried about my next bill ( as I have already used up about 7.5 GB since then), I enquired with the Commercial Officer (Bangalore) yesterday and he told me after checking up with a Finance/Billing Officer and his Manager (AGM??) that they have received a circular on their Intranet on the 10th of June that there wont be any excess billing (even for those who have registered after March 31st (like me)) :) He also confirmed that since they dont have the billing servers in place , they will only charge the minimum 500 for everybody, irrespective of when they registered. There are also plans to extend the unlimited plan for 500 Rs till Sept 30th for everyone who registers before June 30th, though he cant confirm it yet. Anyway, please ignore if you all already knew about this...Hope it helps. TDuncan

Is true for all circles of BSNL or applies to Bangalore circle only?

Not so sure, but anyway he said that he thinks it holds for all centres in India, as the tariffs are common to everybody. But please speak to your area officer to confirm. Off Topic but FYI - I know they use Kenan as the billing solution and the servers are still not up and running yet (as of yesterday). It might take them some time to get it done (kenan's not easy, surely not the best). Hence they might extend it till Sept 30th too, till they can get things working properly, but I cant confirm it. It will surely be fun otherwise with some people getting a bill for 5-6 lakhs due to mediation/billing errors as I have noticed in similar cases before (even with implementations/projects on a smaller scale). Also OT again but FYI - they use TeMIP (from erstwhile Compaq, now HP) for their Fault Management which is one of the best in the world. It should be up and running soon, and should help ensure that the service is 24x7.

BSNL has a very good reputation that they never use any good product, be it software, hardware, telecom equipments or testing equipment.

now that you told me i already believe it .... it better be true :angry: :angry: please !? :(

He did say that the news of unoffical...its ur fault that you started beleiving.

no man! i read the topic header and believed it rightaway...i don't want to unbelieve it now !

If thats what happened to you...same thing happened to me too :mellow:

Back