Google Android 3.0

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,254
official video released by google.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hPUGNCIozp0

Google showcases Android 3.0 with a video preview!

video calling in google talk is something that might arrive for existing devices early! :D

1 concern that came to my mind regarding Android phones was - Can i get all my messages & contacts & calendar items from my current Nokia phone, into an Android phone that i buy??

haha. well. sms would be unlikely. you might be able to move them to the sim card :| contacts and calendar... if you can find a way to move them to google contacts and google calendar, you can get them on android.

Oh, that can be a major hindrance.....i think Google should think seriously on it. I have about 3.5k-4k Saved messages - ie, saved in my Custom Folders......and it would be a herculean task to get those into any new Android phone......Need to have atleast 1 Nokia for that!!

i am not sure how you can move your SMS messages from one device to another. i would however assume that Nokia ovi app can backup sms messages from one device and restore it on another. in the end, this is not a limitation of the android platform. i do not think you can accomplish the same with other mobile platforms like the iOS.

Yeah.....but this factor can hinder mobile users of 1 "Breed or Caste" from changing over to another......

well... you can look for solutions that might let you take a backup of your sms in a different format. for example... text files... i have heard about apps available on android that would save all the sms on the device on the sd card for offline storage. i assume that Nokia too have similar third party apps. of course, the sim cards are designed to store sms messages but little capacity means that you end up using your phone's storage for the same.

Back