Google Android 4.3

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 205
  • Views Views 14,019
https://goo.gl/rlcF3
Actually this is a fair point. Google launched a bunch of new APIs and products at I/O. And all of these are instantly available to Android 4.x devices. Some are even available to Android 2.3 devices.
These APIs are usually added in a new build of Android. With Google Play Services, they can provide them faster and to more devices without requiring them a version update.
I am guessing, Google would use this strategy more in the coming times. OS updates would be reserved for major changes (UI). Regular changes can be delivered just through Google Play Services platform.

But then the update can feature only this Bluetooth part. that rules out major changes featurewise

Major changes are anyways unlikely to happen now that they have released a bunch of features through Play Services...The problem is that Android is ditching black color. Settings and apps are going creamish. So, I am guessing that the transition of Android from Black to creamish would start with 4.3 :(

Yeah. black was cool, hope they don't implement creamish background in settings background like they did in play store settings. it will be awful to look at.

I just do not want froyo era white colored nav bar at the top :DGingerbread made it black and that was the first Android that look somewhat nice. :DThough looking at the new Google Maps, I think everything would be going floating in Google products and services.Transparency and floating menus and bars and boxes!

Back