Google Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 36,816
Why do people buy n/ac routers when they are not using them to full capacity 24x7!

You will need high bandwidth because in future most of the digital media will be in cloud and we can stream it whenever we want on the go , just take the example of current PS now feature where you can stream games on any device via cloud .
In CES 2014 Sony and netflix announced that they are working together to deliver 4k content to customers and the minimum bandwidth requirement for that will be 15mbps .
Now suppose in future we have games streaming at 60FPS on 6 4K monitors in eyefinity setup then we will easily burn 1Gbps bandwidth .
Thats why more bandwidth is needed .

In any case... The thing is that bandwidth should be the one that should be restricted based on costs. Not speeds. Provided of course your network can handle the speeds.
Slow connection with more data transfer limits mean you waste resources for everyone. Power, network congestion and so on.

aviral sangal said:
What is the use of more than 100mbps bandwidth on youtube?
The use is when you have ten devices using the internet and still have enough spare bandwidth to stream 1080p.

Right. I think we have folks on the forum who have more than 5-6 devices connected to the same pipeline at the same time most of the times. I have three at my place.

aviral sangal said:
What is the use of more than 100mbps bandwidth on youtube?
For Streaming Multiple 4K and 8K Future Content Videos you require suffiently high bandwidth as YouTube is going to introduce it soon as announced at CES 2014, Some of the 2160p content is already ready to stream if you have a fast computer or a 4K UHD TV.

I thought CES has already gone? And yes, there is plenty of 4K content on YouTube already.

Back