Google Indic Keyboard (Formerly Google Hindi Keyboard)

• Thread starter Thread starter sarkar007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,749
Do people use hindi for communication on mobiles?

I use touchpal by cootek with norwegian and english and just downloaded hindi keyboard for it wow its super easy tp use as well.....

, btw touchpal keyboard is way better than anything I used both on mobile and tablets...

sarkar007 said:
It's a novelty and value addition at best. Nothing more.
maybe in metro cities. but for people living in rural areas, it might come handy. Nokia and samsung spend a lot of resources in releasing mobiles with local language support. android needed official support for local languages and it is good to see this arriving.

chromaniac said:
maybe in metro cities. but for people living in rural areas, it might come handy. Nokia and samsung spend a lot of resources in releasing mobiles with local language support. android needed official support for local languages and it is good to see this arriving.
That's right. I even have a old Nokia phone with Marathi, Gujarati and other local language support for menu and typing.
But I thought this thing was present in Android, officially already. It was largely demanded for WP and microsoft brought it in WP8. I think Android had third party solutions so Google wasn't quick to introduce it.

Back