Google Nexus 7 32GB HSPA+

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 16,539
So, a friend is coming to India from USA in the second week of December. Now, I would of course want to buy the Nexus 4 but it looks impossible to score a unit in the next 10 days or so. The next best option is Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. Or even a Chromebook. Nexus 10 is around 400 dollars which makes it an expensive purchase for me (considering I am in a financial mess). So, the best possible option is getting one of the variants of Nexus 7. Variants: 16GB, 32GB, 32GB+3G. I am tempted to go for the cheapest version. Though price different is not that big of an issue. 100 dollars more I get double storage and 3G support (might help in resale value? :P ). Based on my experience, Android devices have crappy resale value so it make little sense to go for an expensive variant even though the price difference is hardly 5000 rupees. I do not expect to watch movies on the tablet though I might. 12GB would be good enough for a bunch of movies if I am out traveling. Want to discuss if there is a good reason to go for the 32GB version or the 3G edition. Also, what else can I get him to bring me? :D I usually would have thought about a media player device but I do not own a TV and do not intend to buy one. Damn confusion. If only Nexus 4 was readily available. :D I would not pay premium for the T-Mobile version.Should add here that I already have a 3G plan on my phone (with its own range of issues!). So, I can always tether in times of need. I would not like to pay for another 3G sim.Tempted to order a SSD... Though it would be a pain to switch my current install to the new SSD. :\

i got myself the g400 recently. i do not like it and i have realized that the problem is in my head or my computer. have tried three different mice. all of them behave the same way.

well, i've tried many different mouse myself and was skeptical in getting this one because its not the traditional mouse we usually use. but a friend recommended it to me and i gave it shot. turns out its the most ergonomic, comfortable mouse i have ever used. Also now i dont have to move my wrist/arm to control cusrsor, my thumb does it all. and i can place it anywhere i like without any tension because trackball does everything and is independent of the surface. You can literally put it in your pocket and work with it :D

i have used trackball in the past. i am not a fan. my work require precision which i do not get from a mouse. forget from trackball :)

well i have heard the opposite and also experiencing the opposite. from what i've read if you can master the trackball, there is no other thing which can give you better precision and to be honest, i am feeling the same thing although i've been using it for only ~1 month. But as you said you have used them before, so you know better whats good for you :)

Link please

i could only find 3g version on ebay and price is higher than playstore.($370)

and if you are talking about this > Amazon.com: Asus Google Nexus 7 ASUS-1B32 32GB Tablet - Quad-core Tegra 3 Processor, Android 4.1: Computers & Accessories

it doesnt have 3g

Amazon.com: Asus Google Nexus 7 ASUS-1B32 32GB Tablet - Quad-core Tegra 3 Processor, Android 4.1: Electronics

there is no mentioning of 3G or wifi , am ending up with this model after keyword search

ebay.in nexus 7 - 24999Rs

ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet | 3G + Wi-Fi | 32 GB | Android 4.1.2 | 7" HD Display | eBay

anyway to order nexus 7 from india ? with free shipping may be :rolleyes:

@admin, if you have finalized with 3g version, i think playstore is the best place to order it now. also i'd order it right away as this model is in high demand and might go out of stock or shipping date might be changed to 2-3 weeks.

righto. would try to order tonight when friend comes online. he has to order because i need an american card to place the order. :)