Google Orkut Social Network Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter pushkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 63,003
As per some users, its still not fixed.No idea if one should visit orkut or not. Google does not seem to have released any information on how to avoid this.Some sites, its written that it doesnt affect old orkut..so is it true?

someone commented on my blog that it is now fixed. :Pi had believe it when google makes a statement. i have no use for orkut though.

When you click on link above, the first post is by Google Employee (assuming he is one)He said its fixed, but some posts following it still says that its still there.

i had assume that the fix has not propagated through all the servers and some users were still reaching the unpatched units!

Yes, so that guy was not being professional. He shud have mentioned that updating servers will take time, exact time when its fixed on all servers shud be mentioned.Otherwise how is the user going to know its safe or not.

Restoring affected profile is different.They havent disabled Javascript, because one guy said that, he got automatically joined to communities, even after so called fix.

some updates say that users need to log out clear their cache and re-login. the scripts might be still in cache of users. i mean facebook literally shut down their service for 2 hours 2 days back when they had an issue. google should do the same. :D

Ha, Google has disowned Orkut apparently because they concentrated on developing completely separated social network sites.

Orkut has hardly had any strong feature, wherease Google is known to come up with innovative feature for users for many other services.

Even after almost 24hrs.. Google hasnt come up with any statement on Orkut blog, which shows that Google isnt much interested in Orkut.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Someguy has recommended users to use Epic browser saying it has inbuilt antivirus :D

I am 100% sure, epic has same XSS problem as other browsers, it wont consider Bom Sabado as virus.

Back