Google Plus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,207
  • Views Views 100,782
They are struggling with Buzz , and Orkut is losing momentum to Facebook. I am not sure if they are not better off buying other popular sites like Myspace and/or Twitter & integrating them all into a new network... But then, that whats the plan may be with Circles :P

Hoping they get lucky this time !They have some awesome applications and so many unique users on each of these applications ....if only cirlces is able to use all user base ...they can kick it off

They did integrate Buzz with Gmail, which I think is one of their major user bases, but it was a flop. They need to work on somehow make sure all of their users from Orkut, Gmail etc, integrate on a single platform

google circles is not likely to be a totally different products.

you already have a layer of the same in all your google services.

the top bar you see on gmail and google.com when you are logged in...

your name appears at the top right. you click on it, you get a direct link to your google profile.

google circles is likely to use all the existing components. buzz is likely to be the news feed. picasa would be the image storage system... gmail would be messaging and so on.

it would be pretty stupid if google reinvents the wheel and develop something totally independent. i would hate to have something like orkut or facebook that requires me to keep it open throughout the day to keep updated. most of us already use a couple of google powered services. the basic idea would be to have social element deeply integrated so that you do not have to visit something particular to get the latest update.

the most powerful aspect of circles would be the top bar that already exists on all their services.

they were working on Facebook rival google Me if i recollect correctly ?? they are putting lot of efforts in it .. lets see

they are not aiming to beat facebook with it. they just need access to the social data that facebook has and google does not. the idea is to provide a platform for people who use a variety of google powered services and make them comfortable around it. the problem with facebook is that it is totally separated from a lot of things you do online. you have to use it solely for social networking. google is trying to integrate the social aspect on their existing platform that would negate the need to use a dedicated one (for folks who are at least not addicted to facebook).

Umm.. Google started with search and expanding with other services.Facebook started with social network, it now has Search option as well as planning to launch Facebook mail.By social network service, I dont think many will provide information that facebook now has.

from what i see, google still has a much better reputation in the market with respect to privacy and safety when compared to facebook.

facebook might be cool with kids and teenagers. but grownups are more likely to stay away from facebook and their complicated policies of data sharing.

google already has a massive user base with gmail and other services. they just need to provide a social layer that does not look like a brand new product that requires too much effort to manage.

managing ones facebook profile is a headache. especially if you are just starting with one. if you are an existing user of google, you are likely to have enough data already (photos, mails, buzz status updates). they just need to make the entire environment more connected with each other.

the best part would be if they integrate Circles into Chrome through a browser extension. or do the unexpected... make chrome an integral part of the entire google ecosystem.

they are already nearing turning Chrome into something like Chrome OS. you open up chrome... login in using your google account... and all your passwords, and settings, and themes, and extensions are synced.

as the reports have said... google's social layer would be powered by the top bar that is available through all of their services. that is something very powerful. its on google search, its on gmail, missing on youtube currently. :D should be fun to see what they do with it.

one thing is for sure... google is not going to release anything half baked. some of the top minds at google are working on this project. and some media personals claims to have already seen it.

http://twitter.com/timoreilly/status/46954058329763840

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

i like what they have done with google profiles. buzz and picasaweb are already integrated.

Back