Gurgaon toll plaza shooting

• Thread starter Thread starter Spr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,193
Well u cud be right. But toll booth guys are also not so innocent. Some just ACT as if this whole road is their own property.And then when both sides have temper then one who losses it first takes such actions.

How foolish can this be, they have CCTV in the toll both and but NOTHING for the passing vehicles???

----------

Well u cud be right. But toll booth guys are also not so innocent. Some just ACT as if this whole road is their own property.

And then when both sides have temper then one who losses it first takes such actions.

Common give the guys some slack... imagine how frustrating it is to sit in such a small place all day and argue with almost every passenger about change and toll charge...

Well, what if they say every passenger that they dont have change? 2 to 5Rs per customer, that all will go in their pocket not government.

Its not foolish, its smart game.

What if they say, give up extra change or we wont let u go? Once in a while u will end up with a road psyco who does not give in to ur extortion and make up mind to take a revenge one or other way.

----------

imagine how frustrating it is to sit in such a small place all day and argue with almost every passenger about change and toll charge...

I dont understand how their life is different from normal office going staff??

They all work 8-9 hrs, They all have small cubicles. They all have other staff to interact with.

Plus office going staff like say banks or clerical staff, they all have arguments with some or other customer on regular basis. May be not face to face, but may be over phones.

Infact these guys work does not even involve much brain. Now a days even car numbers get printed automatically. All they have to do is collect money and give receipt.

Yes may be pollution cud hinder their health. But my point is, its not like their life is much different then office going people.

Haha, and I thought that this was that thread! i.e. admin renamed it.

didn't realize someone had already started the thread on this...

So tragic for tht boy's family .. Waiting for him to return home and tht wait now will never end ..Whtever may be the argument reason.. It don't anyone any right to kill someone .. Not only tht boy is killed but his whole family may suffer cos of this incident ..I hope these culprits meet some accident and get disabled for their life .. No jail is enough for these kind of ppl .. I have no sympathy for these kind of ppl ..

Well, what if they say every passenger that they dont have change? 2 to 5Rs per customer, that all will go in their pocket not government.

Its not foolish, its smart game.

What if they say, give up extra change or we wont let u go? Once in a while u will end up with a road psyco who does not give in to ur extortion and make up mind to take a revenge one or other way.

The foolish part was not about having one inside... but about not having one outside... not just for such incidents but it can used for tracking vehicles for various security reason... I thought that was an obvious given....

And how is he to be blamed if one doesn't have change to pay for toll.. the toll-booth can't keep change for all the vehicles that pass-by.. its your responsibility to keep enough change to pay him... can't blame him for that...

AFAIK, the toll money goes to the contractor who had built the road (generally he is allowed to take toll charges for x number of years to recovery his expenses)...
so any loss would be for the contractor (not govt.), if someone doesn't pay or the toll-booth guy steals it... hence the CCTV (atleast) inside the booth I guess...

And frankly physcos like this don't kill for a reason... and revenge for 20/- rupees?? Hey do you drive Bolero or were you in Delhi recently:P

I dont understand how their life is different from normal office going staff??

They all work 8-9 hrs, They all have small cubicles. They all have other staff to interact with.

Plus office going staff like say banks or clerical staff, they all have arguments with some or other customer on regular basis. May be not face to face, but may be over phones.

Infact these guys work does not even involve much brain. Now a days even car numbers get printed automatically. All they have to do is collect money and give receipt.

Yes may be pollution cud hinder their health. But my point is, its not like their life is much different then office going people.

For one.. the biggest difference is the animosity that you and carry towards these people... most people assume that they are looting us by taking the money 20/- or 50/- (more like hafta wasooli)... whether they really are looting by taking more that they are supposed or not is not thought of at all!!!... You rarely see a person pull-up and pay the toll with a smile ?? I dont think people working from a cubicle in bank face something like this!!!

And No!! this is quite different then sitting in cubicle in an A/c or non A/c room... specifically because of it being on road (like u said) and also because of size of the room... My office cubicle is 5 times bigger than his room... don't tell me govt or bank employee sit in the room (not cubicle) that size all day... how much do they actually make? may be 5K-10K ! and unlike bank or for that any other jobs how many breaks do they take?? and Even in the working hours don't think most jobs keep you so continuously engaged... imagine the peak hours of traffic... We can only imagine being stuck in a Jam they live everyday in it....

well, guys this outrage is becoming commen in metropoliton cities. reason been rising competition and sudden surge in personal income. its like every body is having high blood pressure and does not want to get their ego hurt. for a moment a person completely looses his mind and does something foolish. there are plenty of similar cases, a road fight between a delhi business men and jet airways pilot which led to killing of business men in delhi. well, infact i am in bangalore suffered huge fights on road on account of other person not driving properly. the people just come out of their vehicle cruising at you as if they have made plans to kill you. if you resist , the situation simply gets worse. because of work pressure and other stress,people looses cool very often. even happened several times with me, then my wife just holds my hand and i realise am not alone but with my family.

Back