Half of the Indian smartphones users do not have data connections

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,039
more like they cannot buy iPhone because it is so darn expensive. if iphone was available at lower prices, i can safely say half of all android users would flock to the fruit.

Im sure that people in the us buy iPhones in huge numbers because it is subsidised. I doubt how many buy it unlocked. Indians imo are smart when it comes to parting with their money.

so in that case why does android devices costing USD 199 sell at all when iPhone is sold at the same price? :)

so now you are saying that people in usa are also smart enough to buy devices as per their needs? :\

and what i am trying to say is that iPhone is not a fashion statement in the usa. anymore. people buy it because it has become a popular model there with which people are comfortable with. here in india, iphone remains a fashion statement. and people tend to buy it for that reason alone most of the times.

Cant imagine me having a phone without data.If couple of my friends start using their smart phones with data, I will stop using phone/sms features. After all the artificial rise of call/sms/data rates (to hell with 3G), better use skype/whatsapp for communication.

smart phones with less percent of Data plan users in India are same as old days when people use to say "unke computer mein internet pakadta hai" (their comp. catches internet) meant that it has Internet connection.Same thing now with smart phones, teens to old age who know Internet is full of good information and knows other modes of communication are having data plan.while those who have no need of e-mail, chat, browsing, will have one or the other reason to stay away from internet :-1). battery bahut khata hai2). arrey bekaar hai, phone slow ho jaata hai3). virus aata hai4). log aisi waisi photo/video dekhte honge5). bachche bigad jayenge, Ladka/ladki usko behka denge.6). bank ka paisa gayab hoga tab pata chalega7). hamara koi kaam hi nahin internet pe8). gps sey location track ho jayegi boss ko9). bahut mehnga hai internet, ladke ke paas hai to, wahi kaafi hai.10). Internet matlabh facebook aur kya ????while on other hand, I know people who are 70+ and they use smart phones/tablets with data plan, not just data plan, extensive use of it, and they were not even computer users earlier, they have got access to huge audience on facebook, twitter etc, they discover new apps on own, they work hard to learn and enjoy the technology, for their day to day work.they also save themselves from strain by booking tickets, recharges, banking while staying at home.So are you still without data for any of the above reason :-)

Back