Has Jio crippled the smaller mesh extender now that they are selling a more expensive one?

• Thread starter Thread starter gadgetbro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,337
ISP
Jio
Has Jio disabled the 5Ghz SSID on the smaller mesh extender (now that they have a bigger wifi 6 extender)? They have disabled the browser access so the only way to see what's going on is to use the MyJio app or JioHome app. MyJio app only shows 2.4 GHz SSID when I check the wifi settings of the mesh extender and same with the devices - I can't get a good 5GHz signal but 2.4 GHz is good everywhere with the unit on. The product page mentions dual band but I don't know if its a temporary firmware issue or something wrong with my unit or they have just killed it. Mesh unit firmware version is ...R2.41

I've had a lot of issues with the Mesh extender. It worked very well when I bought it but with each router/mesh updates that Jio pushes, it gets worse. There was a time when it just stopped working. Now I have it on ethernet backhaul and I get at least a good 2.4GHz signal everywhere. I don't know if Jio is doing it to push their more expensive (it's about 10K each on their site and you'll need 2 at least as it disables the main router wifi). I'm thinking about going the access point route as I have already installed the ethernet wiring. Any thoughts?

Go for the AP route. It will 100% give you peace of mind in the long run, compared to the mesh BS.
There is a reason why even in the enterprise route, people do not like using mesh.

Back