Have any one 'burned in' their earphones/headphones and found a difference?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,525
I had a Philips headphone rs650 which sounded absolute crap when used just after unpacking, at first few hours of burning didn't show any improvement, so I did a massive burn-in of 5 days (with several breaks for cool-down).. And boy now the crappy headphone sounds like a champ, I couldn't believe how good it has got now :) So I can say that burn-in for long hours with several breaks at about 50-65% volume would do great. Play Pink/White Noise for good results, there are softwares that would help in the procedure too ;)

LMAO The foam on the headphones looses its elasticity and this brings the headphone driver nearer to your eardrum. This causes slight change in sound as some frequencies appear boosted. Whatever!!

LMAO The foam on the headphones looses its elasticity and this brings the headphone driver nearer to your eardrum. This causes slight change in sound as some frequencies appear boosted. Whatever!!

Definitely not. Movement of driver cannot show as much as 5x or even more improvement, now can it?

Well, it was a waste for me. Burned in for 50+ hours and not even a slight change in sound quality. I guess as sanke1 said, its just a myth, and more like a placebo effect.

Back