Help : Is Tata Sky HD DTH better or Zee Dish tv truhd better

• Thread starter Thread starter dev832
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,958

dev832

ISP
comcasat USA cable
hi i am dev i am in us but coming soon to india . i need a good tv. i need a hd tv. Dish TV HD Has Zee TV HDZee Cinema HD Less complaineTATA sky + hashas or DVR digital video recorder because i am realy busy i want to know is Tata Sky plus good with quality and good sound Tata Sky HD hasMore ActveDigital Qualitymore complaine what do i take PLESE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard channels have an aspect ratio of 4:3; 16:9. Depending on how it is done, either there is picture loss, or distortion when converted to HD aspect ratio. In addition upscaling errors and distortion while converting a 570 line picture to 1080.Basic rule is, amplification enhances the errors (in all fields). One can take his pick. But for the tone deaf and PQ blind, there will be no difference.

Definitely TS HD is better than Dish TV hdTataSky: The service offers 1080i, 16:9 aspect ratio and 5.1 Surround Sound. The box costs Rs 2,599 and has an installation fee of Rs 1,000 which is waived off for now, plus there are additional charges of Rs 30 per month to get the channels in HD. If you are an existing Tata Sky customer, you will get the High Definition Channels — Discovery HD World, National Geographic — free for the first 12 months.More channels like STAR PLUS HD and STAR Movies HD will be added as per the website,DishTruHD: Rs 2,990 plus installation charges of Rs 200 + taxes. Customers are required to buy a Platinum pack with the HD Box which will put you back by Rs 325 per month, whether you like it or not. You will also have to pay for an HD Pack of Rs 100 per month, taking your monthly bill to Rs 425 + taxes, making it the costliest service in the market. The service is 1080i with 16:9 Aspect Ratio, but there is no clarity on the sound output of the box. Though Zee has two of its own channels — Zee Cinema HD and Zee TV HD — in addition to what the others are offering, not all content on these channels are in HD.

Hey Dev, Jignesh is probably right (well written) - TS is definitely BetterI have Dish TV SD at home and TS SD at home as well as the new HD box - the Dish SD signal is terrible (although more stable in overcast conditions) probably because they incript / compress it to lower definition. Its got too many Digital Squares in normal viewing - so me thinks - TS is better. I got the TS HD Box and the interface is also FAR FAR superior. I could not get Dish TV HD cause of poor service and sales (was promised the box 4 days before the world cup was started, since they had announced it) - but were never able to get it in stores, i still havent got a call back from any of their dealers - i had even spoken to the marketing head for Mumbai - Empty Promises - they were not equiped to handle the roll out - i was appalled. And once i learnt TS was now available in HD with the WCup - it was a no brainer. Im thrilled that i got the TS HD box and it was installed (they had a delay problem as well due to high demand) in time before the semi finals and finals of the Wcup (cause i asked nicely). :wink:

well i got ts hd just before the finals as well i havent seen the dish hd channels but ts hd channels are brilliant.. i just love the national geographic ad.. thts wat me tv was meant for

Well In this regard Every body have their own opinion,I would Suggest Dish Tru HD,Cost Rs.2990/- + Rs.200 InstallationGet 2 months of Subscription free of PLatinum Pack (Contains more then 215 channels) and almost all the channel one required + HD Pack (Having 4 HD channels NGC HD, Discovery HD, Zee TV HD and Zee Cinema HD). and few more HD channels to come soon.At present Dishtv have Max HD channels for north.About customer service it quite satisfactory.

Well In this regard Every body have their own opinion,
I would Suggest Dish Tru HD,
Cost Rs.2990/- + Rs.200 Installation
Get 2 months of Subscription free of PLatinum Pack (Contains more then 215 channels) and almost all the channel one required + HD Pack (Having 4 HD channels NGC HD, Discovery HD, Zee TV HD and Zee Cinema HD). and few more HD channels to come soon.
At present Dishtv have Max HD channels for north.
About customer service it quite satisfactory.

Dont give wrong info. Sun direct has MAX HD channels OK. And even better than the age old Zee tv and Zee cinema

i considered dish TV as okay... but a side by side comparison would reveal... as beekeys is saying... i dont think it could be that bad.. me being a Tata Sky user... obv i supprt TS but dish tv ain't that bad either

Back