Help Needed on FB messenger..

• Thread starter Thread starter vgowtham97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,814

vgowtham97

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
Guys,I am using FB messenger...I have never verified my mobile number..but my mobile number is being displayed in all my friends messenger app...How to remove it permanently.

For eg,I can view my friend's mobile number like this..Likewise, My friends are also able to view my number.. how to remove mobile number from messenger?

1z1rypx.jpg

i think to remove the number you need to visit facebook from desktop and then you can remove it by going to about tab of your profile.

Nopes. I just checked randomly, I can see a couple of guys' numbers whose contact number I dont have in my phonebook. Never knew or even saved their number. Now I can reach him now through this though :nerd:

I remember seeing them prompt to enter Mobile number to help recover my account in future if required. I said no thanks, I guess many would simply enter their number & now its visible to all unless they disable it from desktop as @Mr.cool pointed out.

Things I have tried..

1) Removed my mobile number completely from my profile

2)I have never confirmed my number whenever I Reinstall the messenger app

3) Still in messenger app,it shows the message "Please confirm number"

I remember seeing them prompt to enter Mobile number to help recover my account in future if required. I said no thanks, I guess many would simply enter their number & now its visible to all unless they disable it from desktop as @Mr.cool pointed out.

No bro..I have never done it...And I am able to see almost everybody's mobile number who are using FB Messenger app..

i think to remove the number you need to visit facebook from desktop and then you can remove it by going to about tab of your profile.

I have done it already.. And I am sure that it is removed from my account..Because, if I use my mobile number to log in,it shows "number is not associated with any account"

Before removing the number, I used to log in into fb only by entering my mobile number in the log in screen..

Back