Help required on Broadband Installation CD

• Thread starter Thread starter KD1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,170
Thanks essbebe. Will try this out. However - what exactly do you mean by run diagnostics? Thanks,KD

After making changes in the modem settings and rebooting it, again open the modem . In the menu under Advanced, your connection is checked under "Diagnostics".
I may have posted a screen shot of the page. In TinyPic - Share the Experience!™ in Search type DATAONE. will post a new one later tonight after ( 9 PM.).

This will tell if the connection is OK.
In computer ipconfig/all shows IP default gateway etc.

Essbebe - thanks for your advise. I could get broadband up and running on my vista laptop with the ethernet connection. I will check on the last post you sent with the screen shot so that its aligned with the full set of instructions you had sent. Thanks again,KD

@kd1 Did you disable IPV6 ?Try for a week your Internet connection/modem , "as it is where it is !"a)From modem save settings to harddisk, b)or save as screen shots all modem pages, orc)copy data in a nice notebook .( Old exercise note book , we use in schools !)Para two : Diagnostics page in modem is seen only if there is a problem/ or no internet connectivity.

Essbebe - I did diable IPv6...will try out all the stuff you said although I don't think I have anything like the screen shot you sent to me a couple of posts back - but for now its working and will ping on this forum again if things don't go well... Cheers!KD

Back