High ping in BSNL 59.XX Ip range

karan_digital

ISP
TATA DOCOMO
I just got a new bsnl broadband connection thinking that I may get better pings than docomo 3g I used earlier. Plan name - UL2150Speed - 1mbps upto 100 GBPing at daytime: 200+(unstable)Ping at night : 110(stable)As you can see the ping sucks. So I was looking for some solutions, browsing different forums, and found that bsnl provides two different IP address range to different customers. Mine starts with 59.xx while some of my friends IP starts with the 117.xx series and those guys get decent ping times(60-70). So I was wondering if the high ping times are a result of the IP range I get or is it due to some defect in the dsl line. Also I heard that I can get a different IP range if I change my plan. Is it true. And lastly how long would it take for them to change the plan? I have been using this connection for only 3 days and I already paid Rs2150+500 security fees for the connection. So if I change the plan to UL 750, will I get the money back?On a side note, the registration to this forum sucks. Please use regular captcha instead of the image one which you use now. And please avoid infolinks if you can. They suck as a visitor and pay really low in return. So definitely not worth the trouble I guess

BSNL always had ping issues.

Update:So I changed my plan from ULD 2150 to ULD 850 and my IP address did change from the 59.xx series to 117.xx series. Surprisingly the ping times are still the same(200+ at daytime,100 at night). So according to my anecdotal evidence, changing your IP address won't affect your ping. The funny part is that my neighbours(right next to my house) get decent ping times while I don't. So this seems to be a line problem to me now. I don't think they will reinstall the line just because I am not getting decent ping times, will they? I hope they will, otherwise I would dump this connection as soon as the 1 month for which I already paid gets over. Looking forward for airtel 4g and tata docomo broadband in my area

BSNL always had ping issues.

I know but bsnl was the only broadband option available in my area. And its funny that even the wireless networks (tata photon, docomo 3g, reliance 3g) provide much more stable and lower ping times as compared to bsnl. Its a shame really

Request them to change your line. Changing the line doesn't mean physically changing it. I don't know how to explain it, but it works.

It means assigning you a different port, AFAIK

Back