Hilarious Rs. 5050 & Rs. 5550 plans from MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,603

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
MTNL has introduced giggle worthy plans in 2 Mbps, 8 Mbps ADSL and 10 Mbps VDSL categories.

S0bN3aH.jpg

The difference between DSL_8Mbps_2350 and DSL_8Mbps_5050 would make any simple calculator burn out. Who in their right minds will opt for 5050 plans?

More delicious info of VDSL plans here.

I think they must fix their pathetic VDSL New Alcatel server which runs like a broken record before introducing worthless plans like above.

LOL

vdsl works just perfect here. barely any disconnections. had one the last month due to the power cut thing. before that nothing for 2 months. the 2350 10mbits is similar to the 8mbits adsl plan.. its what i have been on for a year now.
though i agree the 8mbit 165gb plan is stupid.

vdsl works just perfect here. barely any disconnections. had one the last month due to the power cut thing. before that nothing for 2 months. the 2350 10mbits is similar to the 8mbits adsl plan.. its what i have been on for a year now.
though i agree the 8mbit 165gb plan is stupid.

I am struggling on their New Alcatel server. Right now my Wifi is unusable at home.

I am struggling on their New Alcatel server. Right now my Wifi is unusable at home.
i get 9.5mbits on wifi .. are u usign their wifi router? i am using mine. the alcatel thing has timeouts on google search etc.. but i route everything through a VPN so its uber smooth for me. not a single issue. timeouts are only on google search without the vpn. mtnl's routing sucks i agree though.

i get 9.5mbits on wifi .. are u usign their wifi router? i am using mine. the alcatel thing has timeouts on google search etc.. but i route everything through a VPN so its uber smooth for me. not a single issue. timeouts are only on google search without the vpn. mtnl's routing sucks i agree though.

@kickass : where can i get screenshots for converting my ARGT-1000 to bridge mode and put the PPoE on my wifi router. also what VPN are you using?

the screenshots were in the vdsl forum. i cant find them now. maybe pics were migrated when the forum did. as of now i cant take screenshots coz ocne i put in bridge mdoe i cant login to the router. need to factory reset it and do it all over again. i will fidn the manual an see if i can post the config.
rt now i am on cyberghost VPN though i intend to shift next month. if u looking for anything try a vpn wit ha presence in netherlands.

for access to missing images here from the previous installations, ping me. i have it online and you can get it from there.

I have 40mbps Plan (MTNL). I am facing the same problem where some sites dont open. My server alcatel too, i think i made the biggest mistake going for mtnl. I get constant high pings and disconnect despite paying soo high. I went to mtnl exchange they say they can do nothing about it as SOTL is not availabe above 8 Mbps plan. I really need help as to how to proceed.
Awaiting your help

Though i have applied for airtel broadband too. Still looking for some suggestions.

Back