New Promotional Plans from MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Narendra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,713
witguru said:
i think 1mbps uld combo at 650 is worth it!
considering its govt broadband.
there is a speed boost at night also
I am currently on 2Mbps combo plan with 12GB limit for Rs 650/-. :D (An old plan now not shown on their page)

I think your plan provides 2mbps at night?? I had come across some old plans yes at least bsnl should give 2mbps at night

Mine is 2Mbps 24x7 till I reach 12GB limit then speeds goes down to 512kbps :(

MTNL is only good because of its *True* unlimited plans. I used MTNL 1 mbps plan for years which used to cost me around 750.
But I had to disconnect it since it remain disturbed at a big stretch one time, and customer care is pathetic.
Then moved onto Pacenet, where I paid Rs 930 for 1 Mbps *true* unlimited plan. But now again decided to move since their connection is not stable.
Now, I am planning to move back to MTNL but this time with 3G. Rs 1650 plan sounds too much, but considering the fact that it provides minimum FUP of 200 GB (which may get extend, on request) I think I can pay for that. The speed will be around 2 Mbps. I think this is the best plan for those who want good FUP with good speeds!

Vyom said:
The speed will be around 2 Mbps.
Only if you live directly under the cell tower LOL! :no: The speeds are pathetic in most areas of Delhi. I used to average 200-400 Kbps. I think using the 1650 3g plan is only good if you're outside Delhi/Mumbai as you can make use of BSNL towers.
Before you give away your 1650, do test the download speed in your area with their cheapest plan - Rs. 4 for 40 MB one I think.

liger said:
Only if you live directly under the cell tower LOL! :no: The speeds are pathetic in most areas of Delhi. I used to average 200-400 Kbps. I think using the 1650 3g plan is only good if you're outside Delhi/Mumbai as you can make use of BSNL towers.
Before you give away your 1650, do test the download speed in your area with their cheapest plan - Rs. 4 for 40 MB one I think.
Of course I would test the speeds first.
500 MB of data was part of the new SIM that I bought. The sim shall activate most probably tomorrow. I will report my speeds! :)

Alright.. so the SIM is not now activated. I am not getting above 1 Mbps. That too occasionally.

When I download files from dedicated host like filehippo or mediafire, I am getting around ~200 kBps, but that is occasional.
I guess I can't think about using 3G as a replacement of broadband. I am sad.

Back