Horrible Customer Service

• Thread starter Thread starter Vrushali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,249
ISP
ACT Broadband
In a city like Bangalore, where people live on rented flats installation of new connection is of similar importance as the transfer of connection. ACT being a very sales focused team, they casually avoid providing services to customer.Recently I have moved to a new place and have applied for the transfer of connection . I raised my request of transfer by a call to customer care on November 14. I was asked to state address so that ACT team will verify the location and feasibility in addition to owner's permission and hence will be liable of collection the transfer amount. Transfer amount was collected on 16th Nov.After two long weeks I did not receive any follow ups from ACT. After me following up on my request, a person called me saying he will be fixing the box. I took leave from office and stayed back waiting for the guy, he came and said that he only wanted to verify building. Second day a different person came to fix the box which also didn't require my presence, but I was asked to come down from office. I had to take permission from owner for fixing the box(This should have been done by ACT team prior to collecting money)After taking two consecutive leaves from office, my request is still unresolved. Now when I escalated the issue, I am given point of contact as Harish who had assured me of resolving my request yesterday as he agreed on the delay in resolving request. In spite of all the assurances received request remains unresolved till now. When I follow up with him today, he comes up with a reason stating some permission issues. Should I be happy or satisfied to hear such reasons on my follow ups?

Vrushali said:
In a city like Bangalore, where people live on rented flats installation of new connection is of similar importance as the transfer of connection. ACT being a very sales focused team, they casually avoid providing services to customer.Recently I have moved to a new place and have applied for the transfer of connection . I raised my request of transfer by a call to customer care on November 14. I was asked to state address so that ACT team will verify the location and feasibility in addition to owner's permission and hence will be liable of collection the transfer amount. Transfer amount was collected on 16th Nov.After two long weeks I did not receive any follow ups from ACT. After me following up on my request, a person called me saying he will be fixing the box. I took leave from office and stayed back waiting for the guy, he came and said that he only wanted to verify building. Second day a different person came to fix the box which also didn't require my presence, but I was asked to come down from office. I had to take permission from owner for fixing the box(This should have been done by ACT team prior to collecting money)After taking two consecutive leaves from office, my request is still unresolved. Now when I escalated the issue, I am given point of contact as Harish who had assured me of resolving my request yesterday as he agreed on the delay in resolving request. In spite of all the assurances received request remains unresolved till now. When I follow up with him today, he comes up with a reason stating some permission issues. Should I be happy or satisfied to hear such reasons on my follow ups?
Hello Vrushali,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Please share your contact no. with us so that our team can help you in resolving your issue. We assure you that your issue will get resolved at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

I totally agree with Vrushali.
BEWARE OF THESE GUYS. Whatever they promise -- make sure you get it written from them and have a copy of it signed by the sales person.

I am having a tough time now proving this -- because I did not get it explicitly written that " I WILL NOT NEED YOUR FREE WIFI ROUTER BUT WILL TAKE 1 MONTH FREE INSTEAD, FOR PAYING 6 MONTHS TOGETHER".
I suggest, you guys have this or whatever your terms are written very clearly and make sure this reflects on their system. Paper work is one thing and having them to update it on their database it another.
They are more than happy to loose the customer over a silly issue. Such is their service --- very sad.

Back