How can I Receive and send Mail

• Thread starter Thread starter Marzouquie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,335
Originally posted by jayesh@Nov 2 2005, 08:56 PM
yea i use it all the time... for s60 fones  gmail config is very easy..
mind u .. u will need the apn connection the plan vanilla gprs will not work.. you need the full blown tcpip connection .
[snapback]30362[/snapback]
[/quote]

But For accessing Gmail, you need to enter server's port number(which is 995 for incoming and 25 for outgoing), i don't see any field for putting them in Mailbox configration. So how did u put them in the phone, 'cause i believe this is the reason, why gmail is not working in my phone.

BTW, i've have enabled security and yes please post the complete configration, it may happen that i've entered some other fields wrong.

You can send/receive Yahoo mail with your email client using YPoPs!

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 2 2005, 09:09 PM
But For accessing Gmail, you need to enter server's port number(which is 995 for incoming and 25 for outgoing), i don't see any field for putting them in Mailbox configration. So how did u put them in the phone, 'cause i believe this is the reason, why gmail is not working in my phone.

BTW, i've have enabled security and yes please post the complete configration, it may happen that i've entered some other fields wrong.
[snapback]30366[/snapback]
[/quote]

what s60 are u using im currently on my umpteenth s60 handset the n70 and its working fine on it.

from under mailbox settings of the mailbox u have created i.e. main mailbox---> email settings -------->mailbox settings ------->scroll down to security ports choose security 995/993 ........ and disable apop secure login. Thats it that is all that is required....

Originally posted by jayesh@Nov 3 2005, 01:01 AM
what s60 are u using im currently on my umpteenth  s60 handset the n70 and its working fine on it.

from under mailbox settings of the mailbox u have created  i.e. main mailbox---> email settings -------->mailbox settings ------->scroll down to security ports choose security 995/993 ........ and disable apop secure login. Thats it that is all that is required....
[snapback]30402[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well i'm using ngage QD, which runs on symbian 6.1, i guess, n70 with its newer OS would have these port options.

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 3 2005, 01:23 PM
Well i'm using ngage QD, which runs on symbian 6.1, i guess, n70 with its newer OS would have these port options.
[snapback]30450[/snapback]
[/quote]

there is a way out .. try getting profimail... a 3rd party symbian programme... it works fine with gmail... and allows u to set the port and ssl on

Originally posted by jayesh@Nov 3 2005, 05:33 PM
there is a way out .. try getting profimail... a 3rd party symbian programme... it works fine with gmail... and allows u to set the port and ssl on
[snapback]30463[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay tnx buddy, will try it out as soon as i find its *ahem* version ;)

The built-in s60 mail-client is feature-less.Using a 3rd party app would be better, something like profiMail, etc..

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 4 2005, 12:04 PM
opera does not come for it?
[snapback]30539[/snapback]
[/quote]

nope.. it does not feature a full blown mail client for the s60 fones.

Originally posted by prathapml@Nov 4 2005, 11:56 AM
The built-in s60 mail-client is feature-less.
Using a 3rd party app would be better, something like profiMail, etc..
[snapback]30538[/snapback]
[/quote]

yea its pretty useless.. n70 though atleast allows you to get the mail from the server... but it tends to get everything and i mean all...

profimail is about the only decent email client ive found so far for the s60 fones.

Back