How do I configure my newly bought D-Link DSL-2730u Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ 4-Port Router(cum modem)?

• Thread starter Thread starter samjoad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 117,399
smshashi said:
Only 2 devices are allowed at a time in Tikona. I am able to connect my laptop and android at the same time. We need to login at tikona site from both devices to use internet. You did not mention the error. What error are you getting?
as explained above internet is working fine on any one of the device, for each device i have to do a PPPOE connection with username and password. what i want is to make this router as a gateway for all my devices, such that i dont need to login from each of the devices. Moreover due to this I can connect any one device at a time, infact for android i have to use a special pppoe dialer, in windows there is already a pppoe dialer . I get no errors but just my device disconnects if another device connects

MAC cloning can only solve it which option I guess which is not available in this router as mentioned earlier in this thread. If your android phone is rooted you can give a try to the MAC Changer applications through which setting the MAC address of your phone same as your PC for a trial if it prevents the logout. Or check a similar software on the windows -
http://download.cnet.com/Technitium-MAC-Address-Changer/3000-2085_4-10554920.html
But first please double check if there is MAC cloning option available under any of the option under any of the setup menu/sub menu of the router, that make the life easy :smile:

rj27 said:
MAC cloning can only solve it which option I guess which is not available in this router as mentioned earlier in this thread. If your android phone is rooted you can give a try to the MAC Changer applications through which setting the MAC address of your phone same as your PC for a trial if it prevents the logout. Or check a similar software on the windows -
http://download.cnet.com/Technitium-MAC-Address-Changer/3000-2085_4-10554920.html
But first please double check if there is MAC cloning option available under any of the option under any of the setup menu/sub menu of the router, that make the life easy :smile:
the problem is not with MAC ,as i am able to connect ANY device , but only one at a time. I just want to make my router a gateway for the pppoe connection , moreover i am able to share my internet connection from my laptop using netsh commands over wifi , so mac is certainly not an issue , It seems VPI VCI numbers are different for my ISP

^^Most of the ISP who log out from one device when you log through another, do this based on the MAC address verification on your ip address which in most cases is a static ip address. As soon as they detect a second Mac address on the ip address they terminate the first session and ask for fresh login. In such a ISP setup you can use the net on any number of devices 5-10 but not at the same time coz of the 1 login policy. To overcome this type of situation Mac address cloning is needed either on router level or at device level (rarely used). May be your scenario is a bit different on which someone else might be able to give better input especially those using the same router.

Hi I have a query i am sure this is pretty small for your guys but been struggling with it for 2 days.
I have 2 Laptops , 4 LAN based computers and one D-Link 2730U(earlier I had BSNL net but due its shit service got it disconnected)
2 LAN computers have Printers attached to it.
I just want to connect these Laptops and Computers so that the printers can be used by all. I have reset the D-Link to factory settings and would be glad for anyone who could help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Akarsh

Back